Corsair Community

iCue software not finding my cooler

Dakneey

I built a brand new pc a couple days back, and I chosen the msi z390-a pro motherboard and the h100i platinum cooler to go with it. I'm certain the cooler is fitted correctly as I watched many videos, and I've tried every possible solution in these last few days to fix my problem. The pump/fans are lighting up however, I can not get the cooler to appear in iCue what so ever. I've uninstalled/repaired iCue, tried connecting the cables to different usb headers/sata cables, reseating the cooler, everything. I've updated my bios, installed the latest chipsets. I'm lost on what to try next.

I built a brand new pc a couple days back, and I chosen the msi z390-a pro motherboard and the h100i platinum cooler to go with it. I'm certain the cooler is fitted correctly as I watched many videos, and I've tried every possible solution in these last few days to fix my problem. The pump/fans are lighting up however, I can not get the cooler to appear in iCue what so ever. I've uninstalled/repaired iCue, tried connecting the cables to different usb headers/sata cables, reseating the cooler, everything. I've updated my bios, installed the latest chipsets. I'm lost on what to try next.

is this your first iCUE install?

if so, use an older version of iCUE. the new version has some issues...

http://downloads.corsair.com/Files/CUE/iCUESetup_3.32.80_release.msi

• Corsair Employee
I've literally just tried this 30 minutes ago, I uninstalled the latest version and downloaded the exact one you just sent me, still not picked up by iCue.

I would recommend that you get a hold of our support team, as they will be able to provide you thorough troubleshooting process to figure out what's causing iCUE not detect your H100i plat cooler.

Dakneey, don't know if this will help as I see you've done some of this. I got to thinking that another monitoring software may have corrupted my BIOS, so I re-updated the BIOS (I updated during the initial build). Then reinstalled an older version of ICUE. The system recognized the CPU cooler now. Upgraded to current ICUE; still works!

Here's where it gets wonky....This new PC (we'll call "Creator") is in a different room than my old one ("Titan"). I was using Remote Desktop to work on Creator so I could load stuff on it while continuing to do regular work on Titan. This time I discovered that, although when at Creator's console ICUE worked fine, as soon as I connected remotely from Titan it appears to not be able to detect the cooler. Break the connection and it shows right up.

Anyway, hope this may have helped. Good luck!