Corsair Community

Ryzen and 4 Dimms

Boxkid

I have been searching up and down google for an answer but due to so many people only running two dimms I have had no luck finding a solution yet.

I am running

-Ryzen 1800x stock cpu speeds

-MSI x370 Titanium mobo

-4x Corsair Vengeance LED (two separate kits of 2x8 3200mhz)

My ram works flawless at 2933mhz 14-16-16-34 @1.36v

As soon as I try to run it above 3000mhz with all four dimms I get a boot loop and then ram resets to default 2133mhz.

running only 2 dimms, both kits run at 3200mhz

Am I doing something wrong or does ryzen not like running four dimms at those speeds?

EDIT: two dimms are using hynix and the other two are samsung

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employee
I have been searching up and down google for an answer but due to so many people only running two dimms I have had no luck finding a solution yet.

I am running

-Ryzen 1800x stock cpu speeds

-MSI x370 Titanium mobo

-4x Corsair Vengeance LED (two separate kits of 2x8 3200mhz)

My ram works flawless at 2933mhz 14-16-16-34 @1.36v

As soon as I try to run it above 3000mhz with all four dimms I get a boot loop and then ram resets to default 2133mhz.

running only 2 dimms, both kits run at 3200mhz

Am I doing something wrong or does ryzen not like running four dimms at those speeds?

EDIT: two dimms are using hynix and the other two are samsung

Have you tried running all 4 DIMMs at a speed between 2133MHz and 2933MHz? When I initially tested Ryzen at launch, I was able to squeeze out 2666MHz when I had all 4 DIMM slots populated on that particular board. Granted, all 4 DIMMs came from the same kit of memory. 2933MHz is impressive if you got that with mixed modules and all 4 DIMM slots populated.

Edit:

To clarify, most of the micro code updates have been focusing more on general compatibility of 2 module configurations in order to ramp up speed as fast as possible. This seems to have helped a little bit in terms of speed across the board with 4 module configurations as seen by the 2666MHz I was able to achieve at launch vs the 2933MHz that op could manage.

Archived