Corsair Community

Corsair Hydro Series H80i

I will advise anyone I know not to buy Corsair. Don't make the same mistake I did. I've sent multiple e-mails and made a ticket concerning my problem. After almost 2 weeks I still haven't received any answer (although they promise to answer within 8 hours)

Stay away from Corsair people, there are multiple other manufacturers who do take the time to answer you when you have a problem.

A very unsatisfied customer

• Corsair Employee
We replied to you on (6/4/2013 9:44 AM) and asked if the noise was in the pump or the fans and if you had three pin or four pin fans? And any official response from any one in our company will be from someone@corsair.com no exceptions I dont know where you got that email address but that is not a corsair person.

I'm sorry, now I see that you've sent an answer on the 4 the of June. My initial question however dates from the 23rd of May. Nonetheless I'm very happy you are handling my issue.

The noise comes from the fans and they are 4 pins.

• Corsair Employee

Please remove any saved profiles in Corsair Link and reset to default then uninstall Corsair Link and the Corsair USB Dongle from Programs and settings then restart and install the latest version.

Corsair Link Software Update Beta Version 2.4.4948 but down load it and then right click on the file and run it as an Administrator

• 2 weeks later...

I've done as mentioned in the post above but still no succes. In fact my fans don't even react from time to time. The new link software does only show the temp of my hard drive and my solid state drive 50% of the time and the different modes only work when I put the fans on maximum speed first.

I've waited to reply to test this a couple of days but it hasn't helped. I'm using windows 8 btw

Yes I did, but just to be sure, I've removed it and reinstalled it. Now it recognizes all my devices (like it did before) but I still have to set them to max speed before i can control them using Corsair Link, but that is not my issue. The problem is that the fans are still to loud, and I don't think we'll be able to fix it with the software. The strange thing is that a friend of mine has the same cooler but his fans make another sound, mine is very distinctive and really loud, while his is more of a 'whooosh', mine is like a motorcycle in a drift contest (a bit exagerated).

after reinstalling I've set all my fans to quiet mode and in order for them to quiet down I have to put them on max speed first before they do what I ask. Still on quiet mode it makes a lot of noise even though rotations are around 700- 900 rpm

To close this thread I would like to apologize to Corsair. Even though my problem is not fixed at this moment (I'm sure it will be soon) they have done a lot to help me to try and fix my problem.

We had a communication error in the beginning so we had a bad start. Because of the Corsair Helpdesk and the solution they have offered me I know they've done everything they can to help.

So thank you I really do appreciate this and will still buy Corsair in the future.

Archived