Old 12-30-2017, 09:30 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 933067
DevBiker Reputation: 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheesh View Post
/bump

Dev biker thanks again. I had the same problem. Setting the CPU fan header to full speed fixed my RPMs on both the fans and the pump. Dropped core temp from low 30's idle to mid-20's idle. Huge difference!!!

So to be clear, the question of CPU header set to full speed in BIOS vs. high powered pump header on modern boards... which is best? I'd assume high powered pump header is best and has some advantages but I'm seeing a lot of conflicting opinions on the matter. Assuming HPW Pump header's only advantage is it frees up standard fan and CPU headers? Assuming you could you regroup the pump header with CPU and get the same benefits or something like that?
Here's a dirty little secret: the AIO pump header, at least on the Asus boards, is just a normal, 1.0A fan header that's set to 12V/100% by default.
That's it.
And guess what? You can enable Q-Fan control for that header and use it just like any other fan header.
So what's best, IMHO? Having a dedicated SATA connection for the pump. No silly 1.0A limitation, guaranteed 12V and available 5V and 3.3V rails if you need them.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-31-2017, 01:27 AM

POST ID # = 933085
Sheesh Reputation: 10

Same on my gigabyte z370.

Old 01-11-2018, 07:50 AM
captaindust's PC Specs

POST ID # = 934860
captaindust Reputation: 10

So eh i recently got a new pc and everything was working fine, but after a week corsair link showed 0rpm for my h80i v2 , i tried other driver versions and i tried disabling smart fan control in bios.
But if i disable that and the pump gets full 12v then it starts spinning and pumping at full power and it will just stay at 100% all the time. I have no idea what to do now or how to fix this since i have a pre-built pc and know nothing about installing parts.

see picture : windows also just gave an error message saying it doesn't recognize the usb device (bottom one) while the usbxp driver is there http://prntscr.com/hyy71t

(specs: x299 sli plus mobo, gtx1070ti, i7 7740x and h80i v2 plus)

any idea how to fix this? since it just randomly occured

EDIT: when i clicked on devices in corsair link it recognized by h80i v2 BUT it says firmware version n/a
EDIT 2: in device manager the CORSAIR USBxp keeps popping up and vanishing and there is also a "unknown usb device (failed to find adress)" (translated from dutch)

Last edited by captaindust; 01-11-2018 at 07:55 AM.

Old 01-11-2018, 08:06 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 934863
DevBiker Reputation: 88

If the pump gets the full 12V, it will operate properly. If it doesn't, it won't operate properly and very well may fail in a short period of time.
As long as the fans are connected to the pump, the pump will control the fan speeds. It won't have anything to do with the setting on the fan header; that is only there to give the pump power, not to control the fan speed or anything else. You will use Link to set and control your fan speeds.
But you are seeing 0 RPM and the "unknown USB device messages" because the pump doesn't have the correct amount of power. So set it to 100% in the BIOS. That is the only fix.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Tags
0 rpm, bios, h80i v2, msi motherboard, problem