Corsair Community

Wrist Rest Screws and Static Shock

dman232

Hello all!

This is my first time in the corsair forums and I just had my corasir k95 RGB keyboard delivered with brown keys and I love it!

Even so, I have 2 small concerns. The first is about dying LEDS and static. I have had the keyboard open for only about an hour and have shocked it like 5 times on the aluminum casing. If the static shocks can really damage the LEDS like I read in other forums, this could be a potential issue with me for keeping this keyboard.

Secondly, the wrist guard is awesome, but it seems that the screws do not completely tighten up. They screw in and get tighter, but you never get that tight feeling of the screw reaching the bottom and being unable to turn. It can keep spinning without very much resistance (m ore than when you first start though). Is this the way is supposed to be or is it a stripped socket or something?

Thank you all in advance!

I'm glad about the screws. And no I have not. However, i believe it is simply that it is aluminum and that it was static electricity ( I was wearing sweat pants on a carpet as I play.) I am more curious as to if the static is harmful, not where it originates from.

The static shock is sadly normal for any metal-frame keyboard. Nearly every PC grounds the USB ports, so trying a different PC wouldn't tell you anything.

I had a K95 that I would shock regularly, and eventually several LEDs burned out. Strangely, every time one burned out, it would happen when I was at work. The LED would be on when I left in the morning, and be burned out when I walked in the room after work. Got it replaced, and no more burned out. In both cases, I would shock the keyboard regularly, and it never seemed to correlate to a LED burning out.

From what I have heard, the K95 RGB has the LEDs setup so they are immune to static shock, so I wouldn't worry about it. Strangely, I don't get shocked as often with my K95 RGB as I did with the old non-RGB model. Might just be coincidence.

Archived