Corsair Community

Need help PC Power Cycling

Wigglewoos

PC just recently started power cycling on boot up. After a few power on/down cycles, usually a random amount of attempts, the PC is finally able to do a complete power on and load windows. All of my temps on the CPU and GPU show to be normal while running, usually around low 30 temp. I’ve started testing first my PSU which is a Corsair AX 1200i that I bought 7 years ago. The self tester on the PSU neither turns green or red. I have borrowed a PSU tester and connected it with the 24 pin connector and it is able to power on and stay on as well for the test.

48373AB0-A84E-40A3-9DA7-8B8A62D089EA.thumb.jpeg.d8c30456f7bfc1e2851edaecff54f4ca.jpeg

Edited by Wigglewoos

• Corsair Employee
PC just recently started power cycling on boot up.

List full system specs.

Also, any changes that were recently made and when they were made in relation to this behavior starting.

Also, do you cut the power to the PSU after you shut down in Windows (either the switch on the back, via a power strip, wall switch, etc.)

I’ve started testing first my PSU which is a Corsair AX 1200i that I bought 7 years ago. The self tester on the PSU neither turns green or red.

The self test button does not work when the 24-pin is attached. This is to avoid delivering voltages to attached components that aren't "ready" to be powered up.