Corsair Community

Icue #2 fan reading 0 rpm

Neekomochi

I am a bit of a PC noob. I have built only two PCs, this most recent one with this cooler: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/corsair-hydro-series-h100i-rgb-platinum-120mm-processor-liquid-cooling-system-with-rgb-lighting-black-silver/6306564.p?skuId=6306564&ref=17&loc=11&CampaignID=1066871&SubscriberID=305889320

In my ICUE I noticed today that the #2 Fan is reading 0 RPM. I have gone into the BIOS and set literally all my fans to full power and it did not fix it.

Can anyone provide any advice to correct his issue?

I did just see something. Initially when my friend helped me with the build he had the CPU_FAN header had nothing connected to it so I put one of the fans on the radiator to the header. I just noticed the CPU_OPT also has nothing connected to it... would that be the other fan? I’m assuming he ran that fan to a different part of the motherboard. I’m not at home to actually look at it.

There is a fan connector from the cooler. That should go to the CPU Fan. It's only there to prevent a CPU Fan warning in the BIOS.

The fans for the radiator should be connected to the fan controller that comes from the cooler itself.

Take a look at the instructions ... it's all laid out in there.

https://imgur.com/a/RYv0jr9

Okay I saw what he did. The three prong connect for the CPU_FAN was in one of the fan controller connections... I pulled that out, put it into the CPU_FAN on the motherboard, then put the two fans into the fan controllers like you said. I watched a few video guides. Is the picture I posted above more accurate for fan speeds now?

I had to redo the cable management in the back too. Are cables supposed to press up against the back of the motherboard? I assumed not so I just cable tied stuff down so it went around the hole in the back of the case where the cooler mounting bracket goes...