Corsair Community

RM750 GPU Connection

RangerWill

Hello,

I've just bought a RM750 and I'm gonna build a PC for the first time. The package of the PSU and the website of the product have no user manual. So, here comes my question.

The PCIe cables have 8-pins on the end which will be plugged in the power supply and 2x 6+2 pins on the other end.

This is how the cable looks like:

CPU-to-GPU-CPU-8-Pin-Female-to-Dual-PCIe-2x-8-Pin-6-2-Male-Power-Adapter-Sp.jpeg

My GPU is RX 5700 XT. It needs 2x8 pins. So, what am I supposed to do?

1. I should plug only one PCIe cable in the power supply and plug all the pins on the other end in the GPU.

2. I should use two PCIe cables and use only one 6+2 pins of each cable.

Thanks for your help.

Edited by RangerWill

• Corsair Employee
Hello,

I've just bought a RM750 and I'm gonna build a PC for the first time. The package of the PSU and the website of the product have no user manual. So, here comes my question.

The PCIe cables have 8-pins on the end which will be plugged in the power supply and 2x 6+2 pins on the other end.

This is how the cable looks like:

CPU-to-GPU-CPU-8-Pin-Female-to-Dual-PCIe-2x-8-Pin-6-2-Male-Power-Adapter-Sp.jpeg

My GPU is RX 5700 XT. It needs 2x8 pins. So, what am I supposed to do?

1. I should plug only one PCIe cable in the power supply and plug all the pins on the other end in the GPU.

2. I should use two PCIe cables and use only one 6+2 pins of each cable.

Thanks for your help.

You can use just one cable for your RX 5700 XT.

• Corsair Employee
So, you say the power supply can provide enough power to 16-pin from 8-pin, right? This thing makes me feel confused.

Your RX 5700 XT has two 8-pin connectors? Sorry I missed that earlier.

I have the STRIX RX 5700 XT personally and it has a 6-pin and 8-pin (the stupidly wide one with the three fans). It works with a single cable with no problems.

Which RX 5700 XT do you have?

Your RX 5700 XT has two 8-pin connectors? Sorry I missed that earlier.

I have the STRIX RX 5700 XT personally and it has a 6-pin and 8-pin (the stupidly wide one with the three fans). It works with a single cable with no problems.

Which RX 5700 XT do you have?

I have the ROG STRIX one, too. But it needs 2x8 pin, instead of 8+6. Click for its image

Anyway, one PCIe cable still has enough pins.

Firstly, I supposed that the cable has 2x 6+2 pin ends for cable management. I mean, I thought it's just for providing some flexibility to users. Use the end which is long enough for your GPU.

But as you said, seems like they both can work together. Thank you.