Corsair Community

Corsair 678c Problems

dmb1124

Good Evening all, hopefully someone will be able to answer my questions

I started my first water cooled computer build using the hydro X configuration tool on corsair website. Said everything was compatible and to an extent it is except I ran into 2 issues so far

I am using a Gigabyte Aorus x570 Xtreme motherboard and the Corsair 678c case

1. problem is the USB cable from the case front panel can not be plugged into the motherboard as there is not enough clearance

2. Top mounted radiator + fan makes plugging in the EPS/ATX12V 8 pin (4+4) cable impossible

I've looked around and saw some 90 degree USB adapters but they are USB 3.0 and not 3.2, not sure if these are compatible

As for the EPS cable, if I get the ones without the heat shrink i.e. the individually corded ones like

SKU CP-8920238

Premium Individually Sleeved EPS12V/ATX12V Cables Type 4 Gen 4 – White

will these be able to be bent enough to pass through the small gap between the motherboard and the top radiator?

Thanks in advance.

IMG_20191213_172819.thumb.jpg.e8d735677a08210f0c1127b739adb2ef.jpg

IMG_20191214_191353.thumb.jpg.5c9e8b69b6409b168d916b7ea042be86.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I have the 678c case as well. I have a EVGA z390 Dark and had the same issue plugging in the USB 3.0 plug (from the case top) into the motherboard. I got a 90 Degree header adapter similar to this that worked perfectly https://www.amazon.com/Female-Extension-Adapter-Motherboard-Mainboard/dp/B07FKLQ8JL

this allowed me to plug in the case header cable. My header is USB 3.1 Gen 1. on my mainboard.

There are similar 90 degree EPS adapters which I had to use as well. A google search should turn them up for you. The case is tight and doesn't allow for a lot of room to work with regards to cable management you'll have to get a little creative in your cable management and use adapters where you can to make things work. You can also use bitspower dual rotary fittings to get around certain issues with tube runs in that case.

Hope that helps.

Edited by newfiend

• 5 weeks later...