Corsair Community

ICUE and AIDA64 compatibility

Zeusxinzo

Well, first of all, hello everyone.

*The reason for this post is to know if there is someone who can explain to me why Icue is not compatible with other monitoring software, in my case I am referring to AIDA64, it cannot be that I have a lot of corsair hardware (500d RGB se, h115i, 4x8 vengueance rgb pro 3600, HX1000i, 6x LL120, commander pro ... etc), all this works quite well with exceptions such as updating the firmware of the A11 H115I platinum, but what makes me angry is that when opening aida64 e At the same time, none work well, the fans show them at 20,000 RPM, the temperature of the AIO with more degrees than the surface of the sun, in summary and after reading the support forums of corsair and aida64 I see that they are two programs used by thousands of users and corsair should accept compatibility with aida64, for the sake of thousands of users, especially when I read through the forums that were previously compatible, so I would like to ask corsair to take it into consideration, or if they are already works in it and it is possible to let us know.

Thank you :mad:

ANY other software that attempts to read from the Corsair hardware will have a conflict. There can only be one software app accessing the hardware device at a time. If you disable AIDA from connecting to and/or reading from the Corsair devices, you should be OK. I've done this with HWInfo and had no issues once I disabled the support for Corsair/Asetek devices.

This is not, by the way, unique to Corsair. This is true of most, if not all, third party USB devices and especially across the entire line of Asetek products. This includes coolers from most of the vendors out there.

In the previous software (called Corsair Link) the necessary standardized synchronization mutexes were implemented that allowed Corsair Link to work with all major third-party monitoring software, such as AIDA64, CPU-Z, HWiNFO, HWMonitor, SIV, etc. But suddenly those mutexes were stopped using and the collisions were allowed to occur, and they continue to happen.

Most of the users that included me (and it is my opinion) do not understand the reason why we cannot use Icue and another third-party program when we like them both and we believe we need both programs, especially when it seems that the Corsair has a solution in hand, implementing again what it had in the past.

Maybe things are not as easy as they seem, but from the point of view of users who spend thousands of euros on their equipment with effort it is frustrating to find these difficulties apparently not very difficult to solve.

*I hope you understand my point of view, exposed as I said before, a little from the frustration. Thank you

ANY other software that attempts to read from the Corsair hardware will have a conflict. There can only be one software app accessing the hardware device at a time. If you disable AIDA from connecting to and/or reading from the Corsair devices, you should be OK. I've done this with HWInfo and had no issues once I disabled the support for Corsair/Asetek devices.

This is not, by the way, unique to Corsair. This is true of most, if not all, third party USB devices and especially across the entire line of Asetek products. This includes coolers from most of the vendors out there.

Sorry, but that is NOT my experience. I can run AIDA64, with Asetek support turned ON, and iCUE simultaneously without any confilct. The trick for me is to defer the start of the CorsairService during Windows 10 boot. My only issue with iCUE is the hopeless user interface for monitoring other non-Corsair aspects of my system. AIDA64 is just in a different league, which is why I use it. I also use HWInfo with RainMeter, but unfortunately, HWInfo, like iCUE, has no decent OSD.

Edited by Yemble

• 9 months later...

Ah and I specify that I have no crash, the iphone stays on and never crashes, same for the sensors! ... despite what we can read on the internet (there is also an option for Link in Aida64 .

SIMHUB + AIDA64 + LINK

Edited by Krd-Elsoy