Corsair Community

64gb Flash Voyager unable to access (Insert Media)

s6cxj

I have tried several different PC's to be sure but here is what is going on. Once the 64gb Flash Voyager is plugged in it can be seen in the Disk Mangement area and as a drive, however when you double click the drive letter is states "Please insert media". It cannot be manipulated in disk management and cannot be formated using Windows XP. Tied the Corsair Format utility and it cannot see the drive at all. Tried the cmd windows command line that was recommended and it also could not see the drive. Now that I have exhausted both recommended methods of getting the drive back up and running what is the next step? What information do I need to provide to get the drive replaced?

• 4 weeks later...
I have tried several different PC's to be sure but here is what is going on. Once the 64gb Flash Voyager is plugged in it can be seen in the Disk Mangement area and as a drive, however when you double click the drive letter is states "Please insert media". It cannot be manipulated in disk management and cannot be formated using Windows XP. Tied the Corsair Format utility and it cannot see the drive at all. Tried the cmd windows command line that was recommended and it also could not see the drive. Now that I have exhausted both recommended methods of getting the drive back up and running what is the next step? What information do I need to provide to get the drive replaced?

Ram Guy I'm having the same problem. Please help..........

• 6 months later...

Hi RamGuy,

I had the same problem and sent the product back with an RMA 2 weeks ago.

I received notification today, that they had received my item but they advised they are running behind on warranty replacements and that I should allow an additional 5 days for it to go through their system. My problem is I live in Australia and 2 weeks from now I will be going overseas for 3 months. At the time I sent my drive, I assumed 4 weeks would be enough time to get the replacement but now I'm not so sure. On the contact emails from RMA Dept. there is no provision to reply to them so I'm left with the option of contacting you for help, sorry.

My Case #1432337

RMA #1159099

Anything you can do for me would be much appreciated.

Best regards

Peter

Did our customer service contact you?

Nobody contacted me but the drive just arrived on my doorstep!

Thanks very much for your efforts!

The return trip to Australia was certainly much faster than the other way!

Now I can go overseas and not be worried about it sitting on my doorstep :laughing:

Archived