Corsair Community

Use separate computer to load profiles on Commander Pro?

awebb

Hello, I have a quick question about the nature of the Commander Pro / iCUE software integration. I would like to use something like this as a controller for a standalone cooling system not directly attached to a computer. I was just wondering if that was possible, and if it is possible to configure the Commander Pro profile on one system with Windows to transfer it to another without? Thanks for any advice you can provide!

Sort of... although I am not sure I have tested it this way. The temp probes on the Commander Pro are it's native control source. If you set it up on a PC with iCUE and configure your fan speeds based on 1 (or more) of the Temp 1-4 inputs, those will be saved to the device's memory. It works without the software. I have done this by moving the Commander Pro to a new build, not installing iCUE, and it picks up where I left off.

Do not push the pin hole reset on back. You must keep the relevant temp probes plugged in. The device must have power on the new system (SATA).