Corsair Community

RGB help, i cannot figure this out

cwaters425

I have a Corsair 680x case, corsair h100i SE RGB cooler, 4 corsair LED strips and 8 corsair ll 120 fans. I cannot picture how I'm going to get this to work, maybe i have bit off more than i can chew, so I'm looking for some help. All of my parts came in and i want to start my build this week sometime. I will have 3 corsair ll 120's in the front of the case (replaced the black ones with all white), I will have a corsair h100i SE RGB in the top (with 2 ll 120 fans on it), a ll 120 fan in the rear and 2 ll 120 fans on the bottom. Is anyone willing to make a diagram on how i can get all of this hooked up and what else i will need. Would be willing to paypal someone for your time of making a visual diagram to help me with this. thanks!

-Chris

Assuming that the 8 LL fans includes the 2 with the SE cooler ...

1 Lighting Node Pro/Commander Pro => 1 Fan Hub with 6 Fans + 4 Strips.

H100 SE cooler => 2 LL Fans (it has an RGB controller).

Fan speed control for the fans connected to the cooler would be by the cooler. The others would need to be connected to the motherboard or you'd need a Commander Pro.

Assuming that the 8 LL fans includes the 2 with the SE cooler ...

1 Lighting Node Pro/Commander Pro => 1 Fan Hub with 6 Fans + 4 Strips.

H100 SE cooler => 2 LL Fans (it has an RGB controller).

Fan speed control for the fans connected to the cooler would be by the cooler. The others would need to be connected to the motherboard or you'd need a Commander Pro.

yes 8 is total (3 front, 1 rear, 2 bottom and 2 on the h100i) and yes i also purchased the commander pro

I have the h150I which I replaced the stock fans with LL 120's. I have 9 LL 120's in total.

3 Fans on the AIO are connected to the fan headers on the AIO.

3 RGB headers for the fans on the AIO are plugged into RGB lighting hub.

3 RGB headers for bottom fans are plugged into the same lighting hub as AIO rgb headers. For a total of 6 plugged into that lighting hub. This lighting hub is plugged into channel 1 on the commander pro.

3 Side fans are plugged into another lighting hub plugged into commander pro on channel 2.

The 3 bottom fans and 3 side fans are plugged into the commander pro fan headers to which controls fan speed of those 6.

The commander pro is plugged into usb header on motherboard. AIO pump is plugged into AIO header on motherboard, usb on the AIO pump is plugged into usb header on the commander pro.

I too was totally confused about how I was going to hook it all up....I hooked it up like this and it worked the first time, no problems. Not sure if this helps clarify anything or not.

I have the h150I which I replaced the stock fans with LL 120's. I have 9 LL 120's in total.

3 Fans on the AIO are connected to the fan headers on the AIO.

3 RGB headers for the fans on the AIO are plugged into RGB lighting hub.

3 RGB headers for bottom fans are plugged into the same lighting hub as AIO rgb headers. For a total of 6 plugged into that lighting hub. This lighting hub is plugged into channel 1 on the commander pro.

3 Side fans are plugged into another lighting hub plugged into commander pro on channel 2.

The 3 bottom fans and 3 side fans are plugged into the commander pro fan headers to which controls fan speed of those 6.

The commander pro is plugged into usb header on motherboard. AIO pump is plugged into AIO header on motherboard, usb on the AIO pump is plugged into usb header on the commander pro.

I too was totally confused about how I was going to hook it all up....I hooked it up like this and it worked the first time, no problems. Not sure if this helps clarify anything or not.

thanks you. maybe this will all make more sense once i get everything out of the box and layed out. trying to think about how this will all come together isn't making sense. maybe once i see it it will click

Yeah, where I have one more fan than you do you can plug in an LED strip there plus you would have 3 empty lighting node spots available, though I think you can chain the LED strips...I dnt have any experience with the strips but its not too hard once you get it all out and start looking at it. Not as hard as I thought anyway.