Corsair Community

Alternative Wrist Rests for K95 RGB Platinum?

daemon9

Since the wrist rest can be easily removed, does Corsair plan on making available alternate wrists for the Platinum? I'd like to see a nice memory foam option. Just a thought.

Good thought! I just purchased a K95 RGB Platinum and so far I really like it, with one exception: the wrist rest. I've been doing a little reading here and noticed that some people really enjoy the K95's 'firm' rest. I, on the other hand, am coming from several years of using a Logitech K350 keyboard which has a faux leather wrist rest that is firm, but has a bit of give to it so it feels like there's padding under the wrists. I've become accustomed to it (having used it so long) and am quickly finding this K95 wrist rest to be less than comfortable. In fact, it feels hard, rather than firm.

Sure wish this was more comfortable considering its $200 price tag!

Does the other side feel better?

Not to me it doesn't.

I guess I have a rather heavy-handed (or wristed) technique as I tend to put weight on the heal of each hand as I type. This, I believe, is why I much prefer a softer wrist rest. I've never taken a typing class, so I really don't know if this is correct or not. I do use 'proper' finger placement and technique.

I just looked at one website that says to never use the wrist rest when you're typing, only use it when not typing. I do the exact opposite, using the wrist rest while typing and taking the heal of each hand off when not typing. This may explain my need for a soft wrist rest.

Maybe I need to change my technique... I'll contemplate that. ;):

In the meantime, I'd still prefer a softer wrist rest.

• Corsair Employee
I don't think that there's any plan at the moment in terms of offering a different type (texture, firmness) of wrist rest for the K95P other than the stock one. it's probably a good idea to offer a few alternatives in the future.. We'll look into that. Thanks for the feedback :)

Archived