Corsair Community

Compatible Memory for the Asus Rampage V Edition 10

deees

You'll need to go to the Asus page for that board (if it's up yet) to find the QVL. As usual, there will only be a handful of kits on there at launch, but I would be shocked if it couldn't run all of the Corsair Dominator or LPX kits within the board specified frequency and volume range. Usual rules apply regarding number of modules vs frequency capability.

There isn't anything on the ASUS site and I've already inquired in the ROG forum. As far a HCL or QVL; when it comes out, if it's like the other ASUS boards it'll have memory that I either can't buy or wouldn't want to. Not to mention that with ASUS, if a "supported" module didn't work, they wouldn't do anything to fix it anyway.

I'd rather take my chances with Corsair.

I'm also pretty sure that Dominator or Vengeance memory would work. I'd just like to hear something authoritative from Corsair, so if it turned out that there was a bizarre compatibility issue with that board whatever modules I end of with, I might have a chance to swap it for something that would work.

It's only been 48 hrs since they revealed it at Computex. I don't even know if there is a projected availability date yet, and as you mentioned, it isn't even up on their main site yet. You may have to hang on just a little while longer. As for the memory, if you know how much you need and which product line you want, your choices are already narrowed down.

The Dominators are nice, but I need lower memory. I'm too paranoid to run water cooling for any extended period of time. (Can't someone come up with a non-conduction coolant for AIO's?)

The NH-D15 can fit over the Dominators, but then you can't see them:(

Can Corsair spec some LPX for the Edition 10?

• Corsair Employee
The Dominators are nice, but I need lower memory. I'm too paranoid to run water cooling for any extended period of time. (Can't someone come up with a non-conduction coolant for AIO's?)

The NH-D15 can fit over the Dominators, but then you can't see them:(

Can Corsair spec some LPX for the Edition 10?

I'm sure tons of the LPX kits will be compatible right out the gate.

That kit is surely compatible with the board, but anytime you try and run the maximum possible frequency with a moderate to large amount of memory, you had better be prepared to work for it.

"you had better be prepared to work for it"

Or just wait for better MRC from Intel.

• 3 weeks later...
Got this QVL from Asus this morning. Suprised to see nothing listed above 2800Mhz

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA2011/RAMPAGE_V_EDITION_10/R5E10_BROADWELL_QVL.pdf?_ga=1.107150087.403978662.1464702123

I get the feeling that list is Broadwell-E and board specific. That is certainly going to cut down on the number of kits tested at this point. HW-E and X99 was the same at launch. Everything suggests the BW-E is stronger with memory, so there is reason to be optimistic. Still, there are always pains associated with being an early adopter.

Can you imagine Asus definitively stating their $600, 2nd generation board won't run anything over 2800 MHz?

Archived