Corsair Community

K70 MK2 keyboard malfunction problem

Orange00

I am currently using the corsair k70 mk2 se keyboard.But sometime after i have used my computer for a while,the keyboard stopped responding the the key press and the led light no longer change color and froze.The device manager shows that the keyboard is still plugged in but icue cannot recognize it.I have to re plug it a few times to get it working again.And the frequency of that problem happening increase over time. I dont have this problem before when i was using the the first gen of k70. Can someone please help me to solve this problem?Thank you!

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Have this same issue with the K70 RGB Mk.2 Rapidfire (Low Profile). I have to unplug the keyboard USB and plug it back in before iQUE will recognize it. Have had this issue since the day I purchased the keyboard which was only a couple months ago.

Keyboard still functions in Windows when it happens and can use it as normal, but all light controls stop and the keyboard keys all light up red but do not change. iQUE will show no devices detected. I have tried updating/forcing update of firmware as well as holding ESC and resetting the keyboard but does not fix the issue. I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling iQUE as well as simply exiting iQUE and loading it back up but still no luck. I recently reinstalled Windows 2 days ago (not because of any issue, but because I wipe clean every few months) but still the issue persists.

I previously purchased a K68 Cherry MX Red and never had this issue but I wanted the lower profile as I am more used to that.

• 8 months later...
Hi, I had similar issue on my (defunct) K70 RGB MK.2 Low Profile, and its RGB behaviors very often (in fact, as soon as I change profile to another, selected profile was ignored about its RGB, using previous colors or stucked animations, but only on the K70, not other Corsair devices). Yep, no other issue about remaining Corsair hardwares (RAM Vengeance RGB, AIO H100i RGB, 6x ML120 RGB fans, Glaive RGB Pro mouse, all of them work okay). Keyboard must be reset once (or sometimes, many times) per day (by holding Esc during 5-10 sec when replug - not friendly when the PC is on the floor and used USB at rear of the case). The keyboard was replaced once by a new one (by my vendor), but without any change (aka identical & persistant RGB behaviors issues). Having similar issues with two new hardwares is just unlikely (except on bad design or manufacturing, for a 180 euros keyboard, can you imagine my opinion?). Also, inexistant international support by ticket (via emails exchanges) - probably a kind of "robot" who replies to me everytime, and mines messages are just unread/ignored. (QED?) For a 180 € keyboard... now dead, sleeping in the trashcan (destroyed by myself). But now I consider I'm not alone. Going to another brand... Edited by docam