Corsair Community

HD/LL 120/140 lighting timing

snake42069

I am not going to mix the fan types, only the fan sizes.

If it is possible, id like to go with 4 hd120's (3 front intake, 1 rear exhaust) and 2 140s (top exhaust).

However, i am concerned about the timing of the lighting. If there are more LED's in the 140 compared to the 120, the timing will be off.

Im wondering if anyone can help me out and tell me if there is a different in LED amount in each fan size. If there isnt, this is the setup ill go with.

If the fan size's do affect timing, ill go with 6 of the white LL120's as they have the best cfm. Also, since LL doesnt have hardware playback, does have a hardware profile on my corsair keyboard keep track of that? it works that way for my mouse pad.

Im going to get a 465x so i have out of the box lighting, and swapping stock fans with one of the above setups.

Edited by snake42069

LED count is the same for the 120mm and 140mm sizes of each fan type. That is 12 LEDs each on the HD.

A HD120/140 will move more air than a LL of the same size, although not worth worrying about. You have to run those white LL at 2000 rpm to get that specified airflow — something most people will be unwilling to do. RGB fans are expensive. Pick the one you really like.