Corsair Community

Worst RMA Experience of All Time

I'm in the PC industry for almost 30 years and yesterday I had the worst RMA experience in my life. First of all, I must say Corsair makes some fine products. Been using lots of them over the years... cases, coolers, PSUs, fans, you name it.

Last year I bought several Corsair power supplies. One started failing about a month ago. I called in the company responsible for RMA in my state. First, I've been told "we're closed for COVID-19 and try again in a few weeks."

About a week ago, I called again, and been told they're open, but told me to come over and deliver the PSU in person between 9:30am to 5:30pm.

I went there yesterday in the opening hours and been told that "the technician is out on his lunch break for 15 minutes", and I must wait outside, at the entrance, under the sun (95f/35c). I waited almost nearly an hour.

When I was told to come in, the guy was on the phone, he took the PSU, gave me a document and told me "we'll be in touch, probably a week or so, and then you'll be able to come and pick a replacement."

Edited by Regeneration

• Corsair Employee
I'm in the PC industry for almost 30 years and yesterday I had the worst RMA experience in my life. First of all, I must say Corsair makes some fine products. Been using lots of them over the years... cases, coolers, PSUs, fans, you name it.

Last year I bought several Corsair power supplies. One started failing about a month ago. I called in the company responsible for RMA in my state. First, I've been told "we're closed for COVID-19 and try again in a few weeks."

About a week ago, I called again, and been told they're open, but told me to come over and deliver the PSU in person between 9:30am to 5:30pm.

I went there yesterday in the opening hours and been told that "the technician is out on his lunch break for 15 minutes", and I must wait outside, at the entrance, under the sun (95f/35c). I waited almost nearly an hour.

When I was told to come in, the guy was on the phone, he took the PSU, gave me a document and told me "we'll be in touch, probably a week or so, and then you'll be able to come and pick a replacement."

Ok. You're complaining about your local retailer/distributor. What about Corsair?

It's not like you're on Corsair's forums complaining about Corsair. What happens when you contact Corsair?

• Corsair Employee
Ok. You're complaining about your local retailer/distributor. What about Corsair?

It's not like you're on Corsair's forums complaining about Corsair. What happens when you contact Corsair?

You're in Israel? Who in Israel are you contacting?

Did you try contacting Corsair?

Yes, I'm based in Israel. That unprofessional behavior came from the so-called official distributor according to bundled warranty brochure. I contacted Corsair yesterday, but still no word.

Corsair needs a better RMA policy around the globe. With other hardware manufacturers, you just create a ticket and somebody come pick up the item. Or the customer pays for shipping and vendor for return. You don't have to go places in person, and wait in the entrance like a dog for some lazy technician.

I don't mind the failing PSU. I'll just buy a new one to avoid going there again. These lowlifes need to burn for the horrible way they treat customers. I'm going to sue the bastards in a small claims court just for the aggravation.

Corsair needs to step in and dictate the rules for foreign distributors and authorized resellers. With Amazon global shipping program we don't really need them anyway. Shipping from here to the U.S. is just 10 bucks.

Edited by Regeneration

Good news. I spoke with a lawyer yesterday and it seems the local law forces distributors to have a repair center within a radius of 15km from the customer's household. Otherwise, it must send a carrier to pick and return the item. The distance between me and that place is 20km. I'm gonna send them legal papers in the next few days.

• Corsair Employee
I'm gonna send them legal papers in the next few days.

Shipping from here to the U.S. is just 10 bucks.

It sounds like it would be less hassle to deal direct with Corsair.

By the way, the unit would probably go back to Almere, NL and not the U.S.