Corsair Community

Question involving Corsair Commander Pro

changohchang

Hi,

This will be my first build and I have already settled most of what I want to get. I'm interested in getting the Commander Pro, however, I am not sure how would it work out in my build.

1) What is the best way to link up the Commander Pro, the LL120 fans and Lighting Node Pro LEDs that I may be purchasing as well? (Do I need to purchase the LNP or is the "CORSAIR RGB LED Lighting PRO Expansion Kit" I see on their website sufficient?)

2) What is the most cost effective to get 6x LL120, 1x Lighting Node Pro and 1x Commander Pro?

(Am I still able to attach the LL120 fans to a H100i v2 and still fit it in a 570x case? If I am, how would the linking of the cables work and would the Commander Pro even fit inside? I've watched some videos saying that they have trouble looking for a place to put the Commander Pro.)

Sorry for the noob question!

And thanks for your response!!

Edited by changohchang
Forgot to add in more info

Hi bud..

heres my 570x

uHrbMo0.jpg

and here is what i have inside and how its connected up

QaJwdUK.jpg

I have 6 x LL 120's.. 4 x HD120's.. 8x Strips and the h100i V2 so my diagram should help you visualise how its set up

heres a few other lesser involved set ups..

LFYVKSJ.jpg

4qcqpWr.jpg

note.. without the Commander pro you wont get RPM control in Corsair link

FVuEBrP.png

it can get a bit tight in the back of the 570x.. but i have got it all in.. its not that pretty in the back but ive seen much worse and the important side looks well,,

can get the h100i V2 mounted in front or top.. note that if in top and exhaust then LL fans wont show through top due to only having the ring on the intake side of the fan.. i am front mounted and both front and top as intake so no issues for me.. cooling is fine for me.... Push/Pull in top is pretty much a no go.. its fine in the front....

hope this helps duder

Edited by Zotty

Thanks for your response!

Based on your pictures, if I were just to get 6 fans, this would be the diagram to follow? LFYVKSJ.thumb.jpg.8c8341583434ebe2a43fd55977189955.jpg.

Does that mean, it is not necessary to get the LNP but just the LNP extensions?

Also, if I may ask, where do you place your Commander Pro in your case?

I think I would top mount my radiator, with the fans in exhaust, mainly just wanna see the lights inside the case :D (would my RAM get in the way though?)

Edited by changohchang

Thanks for your response!

Based on your pictures, if I were just to get 6 fans, this would be the diagram to follow? [ATTACH]31392[/ATTACH].

Does that mean, it is not necessary to get the LNP but just the LNP extensions?

Also, if I may ask, where do you place your Commander Pro in your case?

I think I would top mount my radiator, with the fans in exhaust, mainly just wanna see the lights inside the case :D (would my RAM get in the way though?)

yeah thats the one.. and yup the strip Ext kit would be just the job along side the commander pro and the fans :)

i mounted my Commander pro to the back of my Rm850i Psu....

as for ram.. shouldnt have an issue if not doing push/pull with a h100i v2....

• 6 months later...
@Zotty Is your rear fan an intake? I'm going to be building a 570x with LL fans, but don't want the fan support to be visible and in the way of the beautiful RGB, but I also don't want 6 intake fan and no exhaust

no mate.. it's exhaust... infact.. it's my only exhaust fan lol.....

• 1 year later...