Corsair Community

Need help! 6x Dominator CM3X2G1866C9D on EVGA 760 x58

Martinell

Hi there : I am pretty new to the posting threading and hope to find some lenience if the answer was posted already - but I am to blind to find it.

I upgraded to a new Rig in December last year and have ever since been trying to get the memory to work in XMP / 1866 mode.

I am running 6 CM3XG1886C9D modules on the EVGA 760 X58 motherboard with the Core i7 Extreme 975 at 3.33GHz. And am unable to switch on XMP without getting stuck at Boot screen.

The last 4 month have given me sufficient time to read - try - and to all the:

- Have you tried - single slot - memtest - tipple channel test - more voltage - less voltage.

-Contacted EVGA - who told me that it might be a OC problem ?? which didn't really help at all.

-reading about 6 slot only work at 1600 (my current settings)

And now brought me to Corsair ;-) in the hope that someone can help me.

I would really like to know if anyone with a configuration like the above did get the DIMMs to work at full speed. And If - to maybe share his Bios settings - for me to get to the root of this small but irritating problem..

Thanks for your help in advance...

Hmmm - I am currently running all six modules at 1600MHz - and there do not give me any problems

My problem here was to get them to run at 1866MHz - the value there spect for.

And I did try with just 3 modules.. with the same - stuck on Boot screen

I did forget to mention that I bought two TR... sets. not sure if that would make a difference or help.

Unsure if those Values help

QPI 1.1 (did try to up it to 1.4 which does take me to the second screen in BIOS start up but than got stuck)

DRAM 1.65

CPU VTT 1.4

I have tried that ;-) -

which each individual TR-kit - the second i switch to 1866Mhz - or by just enabling XMP - the computer freezes at boot screen.

(I even tried different combination of each chip set).

Which does bring me back to the original request..

XMP - doesn't seem to work for me and my next best choice would be to OC them to the 1866Mhz value.. which I have tried without much luck. I did read some (a lot) of posts about the settings but found some rather scary with QPI voltages up to 1.6V - I did go up to 1.4V but stuck on the 1.65V for the DIMS with the result that I nearly made it to Win7 start up screen.

For this - any suggestions - to try out settings are welcome (if there seem reasonable ;-)

• Corsair Employee
It is possible that your memory controller just cant run 1866MHz at all. We can replace the kits if you would like however you would still be running into a limitation on the memory controller.

I did read your reply - and went off to research - find out more.

I had the impression that you guys have given up on posting the X58 settings for the 1866 sets. What would really help here if you could give me a more defined answer than "might" which would result in two possible outcomes for me.

1.) It is possible and has been done to run 12G -1866 memory on my mobo.

On which I would get back to my original thread request in the hope that someone can help. And continue my search for an answer.

2.) No It is not possible to run 12G - 1866 memory on my mobo.

After which I might still hope for some extremist to come forward and show me how to bend the rules. But would seriously reduce the effort to search and be happy with the rather fast RAM as it is now..(with one last question for the 1600 settings - can i reduce VTT to 1.5 V and run on 8-8-8-22) .

I did post a thread with my problem on the EVGA Forums and found the solution for my problem.

I reverted the EGVA E760 to version "S61J"

on stock settings - but

Standard (not XMP) - 1866MHz

VTT +.250

I was absolutely delighted - booted up first time - without problems.. and still going..

Thanks for all your support

Hello guys, im not sure im doing this right but hey ill give it a shot, im running a corsair kit 3x2gigs CM3X2G1866C9D 1866 dominator, and im trying to get it to run at the right speed. But when i activate the XMP or even try to increase its speed or voltage manually i get a 15 C° jump on my Core temp, any idea why this is happening? Thanks.

• Corsair Employee
You are adding extra stress to the memory controller located on the processor as well as overclocking most likely in order to get the 1866MHz frequency as sometimes it is not an available multiplier.

Archived