The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-28-2018, 12:04 AM
jmike's PC Specs

POST ID # = 937713
jmike Reputation: 10
Default Any ideas for softening/making the LED kit opaque?

If I was still using HD Fans, I'd be fine with being able to see the individual LEDs like the fans. However with the LLs hiding the LEDs behind an opaque cover, I'd like the strips to match. I tried scotch tape but it wouldn't adhere well and coverage was inconsistent. Maybe if I pulled it from the spool slower I wouldn't get lines in the adhesive but that only solves one issue. Also hiding the strips isn't 100% possible.

The only other idea I had was lightly sanding the clear cover until the desired opaqueness is achieved but I'd like permanently altering the strips to be the last resort.

Old 01-28-2018, 09:27 AM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 937765
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 107

In the non-permanent category, you might try the same thing with a plastic or cut tubing to create the effect, although it might be rather bulky and undesirable. You could also consider installing them on the board wall side instead of the front rail (where possible). This would block the direct sight line and make the lighting more diffuse or ambient. You may also be able to do the same thing naturally with the new case by mounting the strips below the door frame line or turned to project into the case rather than across the window line. Not exactly the same as having a ready made matching kit, but someone else may have better ideas. I am starting to get overloaded with all this and generally turn either the fans or strips off. Both at the same time is getting to be too much.

Old 01-28-2018, 03:12 PM
jmike's PC Specs

POST ID # = 937810
jmike Reputation: 10

I'm with you on the overload but my plan is to have the LED strips and the Fans slow pulse out of sync with each other. It takes time to get them to properly un sync but it goes a long way to keeping the brightness down. That tubing idea might be worth trying. I have some leftover from redoing my kegerator so I might be able to scuff it up and attach it somehow.

Old 02-03-2018, 04:55 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 938897
DevBiker Reputation: 94

Ya know, I'm watching my wife put up some opaque window film on our front door and I have to wonder if that might do the trick.

Whatchya think?

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Helpful Links and FAQs:
AIO FAQ | RGB FAQ |
HydroX FAQ | RGB Cables |
iCUE Tips & Tricks