Corsair Community

Void Pro Sidetone on PS4

Pickles4u

I cannot for the life of me get the sidetone activated on my PS4. I know this headset was designed for PC but the mic and audio work great for my PS4 plus they're comfy. The problem is I can't hear myself talk (sidetone) and therefore have no idea how loud I'm getting.

I can get sidetone through the headset on the laptop, and it even remains after I unplug the usb receiver but as soon as it plugs into my PS4 I loose the sidetone. Game and chat audio are fine but that's not the issue. The issue is my wife is going to kill me if I can't keep it down and sidetone would help a lot.

So far I have tried:

1 uninstalling/reinstalling iCUE and activating sidetone through the PC then plugging it into my PS4.

2 holding down the mute button to activate sidetone (voice feedback) On a side note, the headset buttons don't work on PS, not even the volume wheel.

3 soft reboot the headset itself by holding the mute button for 15 seconds until it turns off.

4 Contacting Corsair customer support. They said since the sidetone works on the PC the issue isn't with the headset.

I know everyone here is a member of the PC Master Race and I am but a loley pesant console gamer but I throw myself up upon the mercy of the forums in the hopes that one of you, in you infinite wisdom, would bless an answer upon me.

An unworthy gamer,

Pickles4u

• 3 months later...
I'm not sure if this will work for every headset but I have the metal edition virtuoso rgb se headset. So I want to first start off by saying that these are great headsets and if you have them please don't give up on them. So as you know the sidetone works for the pc but then shuts off after plugging them into the ps4. What I did was buy the ST100 rgb stand and connected the stand to my ps4 then connected the usb for the headset to the side (not the top) of the stand and now my sidetone works. Its a weird fix but a fix nonetheless. If it doesn't work try unplugging the corsair usb from the stand then plugging it back in and the sidetone should kick in. Make sure that your sidetone comes on when you turn the headset on without the ps4 being on. This will turn off after you turn on your ps4 and choose which profile the st100 is connected to. Choose your profile and then unplug usb for headset from the side of st100 rgb stand and then plug it back into stand.