Corsair Community

New iCue "Freezes" and requires constant CorsairService restart

Rakshasas

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow!

I have spent the last one and a half hour reading posts to this thread from page 1 to page 29 and I'm just baffled! Corsair has a lot to learn when it comes to communicating with their users. I see lot's of creative, determined and skillful users that do everything in their power to help Corsair solve their problem - posting log files, setting up tests, trying out different versions, providing specs, enabling and disabling third party software etc. And the only response they get is silence or vague excuses from company representatives that are not technicians working on the project themselves.

As you probably might have figured out I'm having the exact same issue as everyone else in this thread. And like many of you I have specifically bought Corsair gear with the goal of having it all monitored in iCUE.

* H115i (CPU cooler)

* H80i V2 (GPU cooler)

* Corsair Commander

* Corsair PSU

* Corsair RAM

I even replaced my old NZXT GPU cooler just to have everything monitored in iCUE. And then I discover that the software is not working like it should.

Someone mentioned Linus Tech Tips. I'm thinking of sending them or JayzTwoCents a heads-up on this to see if they can shed some light on it.

Anyway - I'm impressed with you guys and all the effort you have put in to solve this problem. Less impressed with Corsairs way of dealing with it...

Wow!

Anyway - I'm impressed with you guys and all the effort you have put in to solve this problem. Less impressed with Corsairs way of dealing with it...

Hello mate, welcome to the **** show.

We have all attempted to get a representative involved such as LTT or JTC however, all of our attempts are met with complete silence. Know idea why.

If you have any other ideas, by all means, we'd all love to hear them. At this point, we are all pretty disheartened.

Hey,

I've had my Commander Pro + 2x Lighting Node Pros running for a day and I had to restart the service A LOT. After some time the graphs just stop and the Commander Pro's temperature sensors disappear. Like wtf, is this really a ~2 year old issue? xD

I'm running a fresh Win 10 Pro install.

I figured I should add my story to this mess :^)

Wow!

I have spent the last one and a half hour reading posts to this thread from page 1 to page 29 and I'm just baffled! Corsair has a lot to learn when it comes to communicating with their users. I see lot's of creative, determined and skillful users that do everything in their power to help Corsair solve their problem - posting log files, setting up tests, trying out different versions, providing specs, enabling and disabling third party software etc. And the only response they get is silence or vague excuses from company representatives that are not technicians working on the project themselves.

As you probably might have figured out I'm having the exact same issue as everyone else in this thread. And like many of you I have specifically bought Corsair gear with the goal of having it all monitored in iCUE.

* H115i (CPU cooler)

* H80i V2 (GPU cooler)

* Corsair Commander

* Corsair PSU

* Corsair RAM

I even replaced my old NZXT GPU cooler just to have everything monitored in iCUE. And then I discover that the software is not working like it should.

Someone mentioned Linus Tech Tips. I'm thinking of sending them or JayzTwoCents a heads-up on this to see if they can shed some light on it.

Since this all started I have changed:

Mainboard

RAM

Graphics card

Mouse

Keyboard

Monitor

Sound card (Though external, USB)

PSU

About the only things I have NOT changed are:

CPU

M.2 SSD

I've reinstalled numerous builds of Windows 10

Personally I see absolutely no weight in anything LinusTechTips says or does, Linus is a total dipstick as far as I can tell, with little interest in real knowledge in playing with computer HW.

Gamer Nexus or JayzTwoCents might be better, if either of them would have interest to pick this up.

For reference, my current spec is:

i5 9600K

Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX/ac (Swapped wifi card to Killer AX1650 though)

32GB (2x16GB) Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 3200 MHz DDR4

1TB Samsung 970 EVO SSD

PNY RTX 2080 Super Blower (Running Inno3d Super Jet BIOS)

SilverStone SST-SX650-G SFX PSU

Previously I was using:

i5 9600K

MSI MPG Z390I GAMING EDGE AC

16GB (2x8GB) Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX Black 3000MHz

1TB Samsung 970 EVO SSD

Manli GTX 1080

SilverStone SX500-LG v2

The issue in this thread has happened to me throughout

I have a Lighting Node Pro, and H80i

Edited by hearnia_2k

Just posted in another thread, which I believe is semi-related to this dashboard thread. Corsair is using cpuid module version 1.49, while the latest is 1.92. This poses a security risk, but also such outdated modules could potentially explain why the dashboard breaks so often, and why there are compatibility issues with other monitoring tools.

Here is a link to the thread:

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?p=1044782&posted=1#post1044782

Soo.. Where do we start?

Couple of years ago i bought the Corsair H115I Extreme performance. Ever since then i had issues with corsair software just randomly locking up the fans and pump speed, which caused things in games or excessive programs to lag randomly, which then made me look at corsair software to figure out the fans were locked but temps were low.... Hmmm.. Tried to figure out how to restart the program which at the time was just closing the program in device manager and restarting it from the folder...

Now few years later after having insane problems with the H115I such as liquid temp 36c idle and load 42 ish... Recently I got my self this puppy: Corsair iCUE H150i RGB PRO XT with the ICue software of course...

But again it is happening....... I thought the H115I had some kind of firmware issues of some sort but even the h150i is having trouble?? What the heck is going on?

All i'm running is AMD software(GPU) realtemp and AISuite(motherboard/cpu ( overclock) ) that is it for monitoring? it's been years and many people are questioning it and still there is no fix..

Anyways, i bought the H150 ( XT ) for overclocking my delidded 8700k 4.8Ghz all cores with no avx offset and running a heavy game such as gta5 and the fans being stuck at some low rpm "because the service or something along that line decides to tell us to do it our selfs" is a huge NO NO.. Also the whole thing that states that this occurs when other monitoring applications are running is everything but nonsense. If that really is true then why don't you solve it? i could run realtemp hwinfo and aida at the same time without anyone of them having any issues with each other?

Anyways.. Again...

I'm insanely frustrated as this could randomly happen again and could get my cpu to reach temps such as 95-100c so i sure hope you(corsair) will put the hands up for the fast degraded cpu because of the heat.

Issues since 2017 H115I Extreme Performance

Still issues 2020 H150I Pro XT -- Oh yeah the pump is making some weird wheeewhoo noises sometimes which are very very obvious.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like iCue is causing my USB devices to drop out and restart.

Not sure if its Cosairservices restarting (my mouse and keyboard don't work when it happens so I can't check).

I did uninstall iCue and the problem stopped. I waited a week, reinstalled Icue and the problem started within an hour.

And by all USB's I mean everything including my none Corsair stuff.

Anyone else have this problem?.

Looks like iCue is causing my USB devices to drop out and restart.

Not sure if its Corsairservices restarting (my mouse and keyboard don't work when it happens so I can't check).

I did uninstall iCue and the problem stopped. I waited a week, reinstalled Icue and the problem started within an hour.

And by all USB's I mean everything including my none Corsair stuff.

Anyone else have this problem?.

Check this thread: https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=189994

tl;dr: Get an NZXT internal hub because Corsair don't seem to respond appropriately to these issues.

Edited by hearnia_2k

Without going through twenty pages here is there anybody having problems with their games freezing with this program installed?

Mine were freezing and I thought it may be my hard drive, gpu or cpu so they've all been swapped out and the only time it stopped freezing during games is when i uninstalled it and tried the game, it didn't freeze. Whether there is a problem with my PC and this program magnifies it I don't know but I really don't know what to do or how to control my cpu psu or commander pro with out this program. I may have to sell it all. Unless someone has experience with the same thing that is?

I have tried just about every solution I can find on the net and nothing has worked, so I have just ordered the NZXT internal USB and I will see if it fixes my problem.

Really disappointed in Corsair for not addressing this.. I have been a long time supporter of their hardware, but this may be the end of it.

I have tried just about every solution I can find on the net and nothing has worked, so I have just ordered the NZXT internal USB and I will see if it fixes my problem.

Really disappointed in Corsair for not addressing this.. I have been a long time supporter of their hardware, but this may be the end of it.

Do you think its the commander pro causing the freezing or the software?

I have the Lighting core node (which I guess is the same thing as the commander), it currently has 3 fans plugged into it and plugs into a sata and the 9 pin USB.

I have now plugged all my 9 pin USB's into the NZXT hub and its been fine so far (around an hour), too early to tell, but will post an update.

I think it's most likely an issue with the node/commander not drawing enough power.

I do feel Corsair should be reimbursing us for having to buy 3rd party hardware to fix their fault.

As expected no news, not even a sign they're actually acknowledging this issue. This is so frustrating... At this point the only option i can think of is to get an Aquacomputer Quadro and hookup my h100i and its respective fans to it and use Aurora to control my kb and mouse rgb... Anyone knows if i can get a clean pwm signal so i can control just the pump bypassing the usb controller?

Okay, so for the past 24 hours I tried a couple of things and have had different results.

I changed Corsair Service (in services) to Automatic (Delayed Start).

I shut my computer down, and unplugged the power waited 5 minutes and booter the PC up (this sounded stupid, but was the advice someone gave).

Before windows booted up I went into my BIOS and turned XHCI hand-off to Disabled. (advice from Corsair).

It went 9 hours before icue crashed BUT my USB ports didn't crash.

I actually didn't even realize it had crashed until I saw the rainbow lights on my keyboard had stopped moving (where as before the keyboard would totally power down).

This doesn't help those with IO's or custom fan speeds who need Icue running all the time, so I have created a scheduled task that when the icue crash is logged in events, it auto restarts icue.

I will see how this all goes.

Edited by jasonorme666

Okay so a couple more days of testing and icue has only froze twice and thanks to the schedules event it restarted itself within seconds.

Now before it would crash every few hours and I would lose all my USB power.

The NZXT internal hub didn't fix anything (I know it fixed the issue for some).

What appeared to fix the USB's powering down was going into BIOS and turned XHCI hand-off to Disabled.

This at the same time seemed to stop icue crashing so frequently.

Having my USB ports not die meant to can manually re-enable Icue.. but like a lot of people said, what if Icue dies and I have an cooling system which needs iCue.

Set a scheduled event that auto starts icue back if it crashed.

Go to > Event Viewer.

Goto windows logs and application. Scroll down until you find an error that mentions iCue.exe.

To the right click "attach a task to this event".

Give it a name like "reboot iCue". Click next, then next again.

When it asks you "what event do you want this task to perform" select "start a program". Then click browse and find your Icue.exe.

Then next, and finish.

Okay so a couple more days of testing and icue has only froze twice and thanks to the schedules event it restarted itself within seconds.

Now before it would crash every few hours and I would lose all my USB power.

The NZXT internal hub didn't fix anything (I know it fixed the issue for some).

What appeared to fix the USB's powering down was going into BIOS and turned XHCI hand-off to Disabled.

This at the same time seemed to stop icue crashing so frequently.

Having my USB ports not die meant to can manually re-enable Icue.. but like a lot of people said, what if Icue dies and I have an cooling system which needs iCue.

Set a scheduled event that auto starts icue back if it crashed.

Go to > Event Viewer.

Goto windows logs and application. Scroll down until you find an error that mentions iCue.exe.

To the right click "attach a task to this event".

Give it a name like "reboot iCue". Click next, then next again.

When it asks you "what event do you want this task to perform" select "start a program". Then click browse and find your Icue.exe.

Then next, and finish.

Are you thinking to a different issue? The NZXT hub is for the USB disconnect issue, which I don't think is fully and clearly linked to this issue. This thread relates to the the flatlined graphs, due to monitoring failure, resulting in custom fan cures, and monitoring based lighting not working.

There are not error events in event viewer when my dashboard freezes that I have ever noticed.

Voila, this time Windows no longer wants to start this software filth that Corsair offers us!

Indeed, everyone understood that iCue freezes and I was running on Link + Cue for several months without any trouble!

Today Windows 10 2004 makes a beautiful bluescreen ... Finished for me, my complete corsair hardware is to be put in the trash! (iCue freezes with an commander and Cue is no longer compatible with sensor readings by Windows (new)

Bravo and thank you Corsair! BOUUUUUUUH

Mines not freezing, however custom temp detection curves fr the fan control just freezes, dumping out the incorrect stuck temp into the logs, and basically it's been causing my CPU to overheat.

12/6/2020 02:39:41 AM,34.00°C,46.00°C,65.00°C,945RPM,1.18V,70.00°C,69.00°C,76.00°C,75.00°C

12/6/2020 02:41:41 AM,34.00°C,46.00°C,65.00°C,945RPM,1.18V,70.00°C,69.00°C,76.00°C,75.00°C

12/6/2020 02:43:41 AM,34.00°C,46.00°C,65.00°C,945RPM,1.18V,70.00°C,69.00°C,76.00°C,75.00°C

12/6/2020 02:45:41 AM,34.00°C,46.00°C,65.00°C,945RPM,1.18V,70.00°C,69.00°C,76.00°C,75.00°C

12/6/2020 02:47:41 AM,34.00°C,46.00°C,65.00°C,945RPM,1.18V,70.00°C,69.00°C,76.00°C,75.00°C

12/6/2020 02:49:41 AM,34.00°C,46.00°C,65.00°C,945RPM,1.18V,70.00°C,69.00°C,76.00°C,75.00°C

12/6/2020 02:51:41 AM,34.00°C,46.00°C,65.00°C,945RPM,1.18V,70.00°C,69.00°C,76.00°C,75.00°C

12/6/2020 02:53:41 AM,34.00°C,46.00°C,65.00°C,945RPM,1.18V,70.00°C,69.00°C,76.00°C,75.00°C

12/6/2020 02:55:41 AM,34.00°C,46.00°C,65.00°C,945RPM,1.18V,70.00°C,69.00°C,76.00°C,75.00°C

Its not changing any reported metrics, even though my PC is running hot.

Edit: if this iCUE software ends up melting my CPU am I able to bill Corsair for a replacement CPU and motherboard?

Edited by lominator

Mines not freezing, however custom temp detection curves fr the fan control just freezes, dumping out the incorrect stuck temp into the logs, and basically it's been causing my CPU to overheat.

12/6/2020 02:39:41 AM,34.00°C,46.00°C,65.00°C,945RPM,1.18V,70.00°C,69.00°C,76.00°C,75.00°C

12/6/2020 02:41:41 AM,34.00°C,46.00°C,65.00°C,945RPM,1.18V,70.00°C,69.00°C,76.00°C,75.00°C

12/6/2020 02:43:41 AM,34.00°C,46.00°C,65.00°C,945RPM,1.18V,70.00°C,69.00°C,76.00°C,75.00°C

12/6/2020 02:45:41 AM,34.00°C,46.00°C,65.00°C,945RPM,1.18V,70.00°C,69.00°C,76.00°C,75.00°C

12/6/2020 02:47:41 AM,34.00°C,46.00°C,65.00°C,945RPM,1.18V,70.00°C,69.00°C,76.00°C,75.00°C

12/6/2020 02:49:41 AM,34.00°C,46.00°C,65.00°C,945RPM,1.18V,70.00°C,69.00°C,76.00°C,75.00°C

12/6/2020 02:51:41 AM,34.00°C,46.00°C,65.00°C,945RPM,1.18V,70.00°C,69.00°C,76.00°C,75.00°C

12/6/2020 02:53:41 AM,34.00°C,46.00°C,65.00°C,945RPM,1.18V,70.00°C,69.00°C,76.00°C,75.00°C

12/6/2020 02:55:41 AM,34.00°C,46.00°C,65.00°C,945RPM,1.18V,70.00°C,69.00°C,76.00°C,75.00°C

Its not changing any reported metrics, even though my PC is running hot.

Edit: if this iCUE software ends up melting my CPU am I able to bill Corsair for a replacement CPU and motherboard?

This is the issue described in this thread... the temp graphs stop updating the values, and are flat.

End task corsair service, and it auto restarts, and updates work again, until they don't.