Corsair Community

All in one control/sync of HD120 fans and TT Riing fans on Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme

Bogartz

So I'm in the process of a new build with Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Xtreme in a TT View 91 case. I have made the decision to incorporate 2 different brands of case fans for my radiators, Corsair HD120 x8 and Thermaltake Riing 14 RGB x6 and I will divulge why I decided that (it may be the death of me).

The case came with 4 Riing 14 RGB fans 3 in front 1 exhaust and rather than just toss those out I decided to use them and added 3 additional for push/pull on a HWL 420GTX rad. I don't dislike them, but again just not wanting to just toss them out and waste money I decided to incorporate them in the build. I also have HWL 480GTX radiator and I decided to get 8 Corsair HD120 fans push/pull, yes this probably a stupid idea and probably should have just tossed the TT fans and got all HD120's, but I didn't so this is why I'm fishing for thoughts.

So what I'm trying to accomplish is all in one control of the fans and other lighting with the Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme motherboard. I've read posts from solarity, DevBiker, Zotty ecosystem page, and various other helpful guides. In reading all of that I think I'm not more uncertain of what I can or should do.

If replacing the TT Riing fans simplifies this all in one possibility I'm willing to make that change, but I've spent the money and would rather try to incorporate those fans, so if there's good justification to replace them I'm ok with that.

I was thinking to go ahead and buy 2 Commander Pros and 2 LN Pros, but thought I would put this out to the community and see what suggestions were out there.

If there is something in the forums that precisely explains this I apologize as I was not able to find that in my search. If you know of a link post a way, I'm looking for help.

Thanks!:cool:

Yeah, I have 2 of the TT controllers that came with the fan pack and with the case so I'll give that a shot. I'm assuming that cable is similar to what you posted in one of your guides for connecting fans?

I also forgot I had the Aorus RGB Fan Commander that came with the motherboard. http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_aorus-rgb-fan-commander.pdf

I'm thinking that might get my 8 HD120's connected and synced.

I'm just thinking...do I have enough headers/connections on the board to connect everything. I'm only partially into the build so I have nothing up and running completely to load software etc. to test things out. Still waiting on my fittings and tubing.

The commander pro is able to be daisy chained IIRC, and the TT controller has a bridge cable so it appears it can be daisy chained as well...hmm I guess that might be a second option if the gigabyte controller along with the TT controllers don't get me what I need.

Edited by Bogartz

So I made a slight change to my build and took the TT View 91 back and got the 1000D lol.

This will change things slightly as I'll have enough CoPros for all of my fans as I've decided to dump the TT fans for Corsair fans. Now my dilemma deals with my 420 radiator as I wish now that I bought 2 480's :mad: so I can mount both rads in the front and use the top as exhaust. Just concerned that if I have front intake and top intake, the two exhaust fans in the rear won't be able to exhaust all that intake.

Anyways, thanks for the advice should be a breeze now and might still need some of the extensions when it's all said and done.