The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-18-2019, 10:02 AM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1004900
DevBiker Reputation: 88

Ah, so the CoPro doesn't show in iCUE. That's a problem.

First thing that I'd check would be to make sure that it's on a proper USB port and all the pins are on correctly. It's super-easy to have them off-by-one and it's not always immediately obvious that this is the case. Again, this isn't theoretical.

From there - check the power. Make sure that it's plugged in to SATA (not an adapter) and try putting it on another connector - ideally another line.

Take a look in USBDeView as well (Download USBDeView from https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html) to see if it "sees" the CoPro.

It could be, however, that the CoPro is a sacrifice to the Gods of Science Experiments. But let's eliminate other options.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 05-18-2019, 10:05 AM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1004901

Oh ... and one more thing - double-check the pins.
Red wire should go to pin 1 - this is an arrow on the Molex-SL connector.
Green wire to pin 2, black to pin 3.

Use the arrow to orient it.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 05-18-2019, 01:59 PM
jwilds1's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1004910
jwilds1 Reputation: 10

1) Both the Commander Pro and h150i show as "not connected" in USBDeView.

2) Pinout on my Molex was wrong.

3) Between the time the Commander Pro/everything connected to it was working and now, nothing has changed regarding which USB header I plugged into on the mobo or the SATA power connector.

Pretty sure it's the Commander Pro. Will replace and report back.

Old 05-18-2019, 02:26 PM
jwilds1's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1004914

OK, replacing the CoPro got me back to square 1 (no DIY RGB strips, but everything is now showing up in iCUE. Do you think I fried the RGB Strip with the wrong pinout, or can I correct the pinout on the Molex and shorten and try again with the same (yet shorter) strip?

Old 05-18-2019, 04:58 PM
jwilds1's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1004927

SUCCESS

but only partial. I think I figured out why, and I'm hoping my hunch is true -

These LEDs are directional. In that, if you solder the leads on the "end" of the string and attempt to plug them in, it won't work. The only string that works is the one from the start of the spool. The other 3 sections don't, but the common thing among the 3 is the cables/Molex connectors I added or modified (end of the spool was modified to turn a female connector into a male) were all against the direction noted on the strips.

Back downstairs to the soldering iron

Old 05-18-2019, 08:05 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1004938

Hey ... just saw all of your updates. How was the pinout wrong? Did you have +5V and Ground reversed? I'm surprised that this would take out a CoPro but can absolutely see it killing some LEDs.

Old 05-25-2019, 11:40 AM
jwilds1's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1005677

Yes, by wrong pinout I mean I had the 5v and ground reversed. All I know is that the new Commander worked.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Here's what the end result looks like - https://twitter.com/jwilds1/status/1...325824512?s=19

2 strips on each PC, each with 60 LEDs per. I set my PC up with Wall paper Engine and an iCUE audio responsive wallpaper. I then sent audio and video via NDI over to the other rig, with the same wallpaper. The result is a disco.

That's not how I usually have it set up, just wanted to see how far it could go.

Old 05-25-2019, 01:00 PM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1005692

Sweet!!
Very nicely done!

Old 06-05-2019, 08:11 AM

POST ID # = 1006990
davidgoult1001 Reputation: 10
Question looking to recreate the corsair strips tho i have some questions

Not sure if the the correct place to post this

hello so before i start - i have read most of the thread
The CLNP + CLCP can control other 5V WS2812B addressable 5050 RGB LED Strips, few time but i still want to ask this as i dont want to brick my CLNP.

So want i would like to do is make longer strips without having the black plugs like the corsair strips do.

So from what i have read, i would like to make - 5050 rbg strip of 60 leds of 2 meters on one channel of the CLNP and a second Length of 45 leds or 1.5 meters on the second channel.

Now i would like to do this with out running the +5v thru the power supply if that is possible.

Any help or wisdom on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Old 06-05-2019, 09:38 AM
iCue βeta Team Green
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1006998

That would work. You need to keep it to 60 LEDs or less on a single channel and you've done that.

Old 06-21-2019, 03:13 PM

POST ID # = 1008817
nightxmarez Reputation: 10

Hey there everyone, new here. I have a Barrow distroplate with a built in led strip. It uses a 3 pin 5v connection. Could anyone assist me in making this connect to my icue setup, or perhaps make an adapter for me?