Corsair Community

570x Simple RGB sails logo mod

Thought I would share this rather simple little mod...

[ame]

[/ame]

Very simple..

just replace the LED that is clipped in behind the sails logo under your bottom front fan,, 1 Philips screw to remove it's housing then pop it out,

I used a Slow Flashing RGB 5mm LED. available prewired from ebay and such like..

RI5MSbCl.jpg

RGB LED I used

You have no control of it.. just slowly cycles through it's colours.

Nice job, I have done something similar with my gamer tag on the front of my case. Instead of the RGB led however I used a strip of LNP LEDS to go around the outside so I can change the colour along with my other peripherals.

XNgWrPG.jpg

I had to replace the original metal front panel on my NZXT S340 with clear perspex which was then stencilled and sprayed. Farley straightforward but the result looks good.

Nice job, I have done something similar with my gamer tag on the front of my case. Instead of the RGB led however I used a strip of LNP LEDS to go around the outside so I can change the colour along with my other peripherals.

XNgWrPG.jpg

I had to replace the original metal front panel on my NZXT S340 with clear perspex which was then stencilled and sprayed. Farley straightforward but the result looks good.

Nice!... I just cant get a whole strip in those sails lol

Nice!... I just cant get a whole strip on those sails lol

If you have the spare strip and the testicular fortitude you can cut the strips up. I have the led logo on the front of the case and I cut the very last LED from the strip. Then using a craft knife scrape away the transparent goop on top of the strip and scrape some of the pain from the strip to reveal the copper underneath. Then you can use a multi-meter to determine what is connected to what and solder on some additional wires to connect the last led back to the strip but much further away that it was before. finally you will need to remove the connector on the end of the separated LED you removed and you will have a single LED that will fit almost anywhere while still being controlled by corsair link. Its a fiddly process and it took me a couple of hours including routing the cables, but if you get it right you can do all kinds of stuff with them. I used this process to replace the standard white power LED on my NZXT case with a corsair RGB led. Works a treat.

dMxZIqy.png

I know i can do all that mentally... I can even gather everything needed gathered together.. laid out on the desk ready to rock.. the moment I sit down to do it.. the Gorilla with a BFO Spanner and BFO Hammer and a good measure of bodget and scarper arrives with his Butter Fingers.. he doesn't do tiny things well dude.. I have to keep him away from such things LOL

Whisky Lima... Your fault....

[ame]

[/ame]

That showed me how to get the strip out... he cut the wire but you really don't have to and he makes it look harder than it is to remove.

and as i had 2 hd140's lying about.. and in your honor lol.. I had to mess, muhahahahah

soooo I ended up with this..

mFUuOvvh.jpg

The Strip isn't sealed so i covered mine in clear tape both sides and used insulation tape where wires are soldered on.

which went under my case.

like so

[ame]

[/ame]

I didn't cut any wires.. didn't have to do any soldering. or indeed remove the pads on the side.. didn't need to.. and obviously They don't have any magnets on them lol

6 of those to a hub so I hear ;)

I plan to strip a HD120 for maybe behind the Corsair logo on my PSU shroud (570x) so will do some detailed photos...

Archived