Corsair Community

Bulldog GPU Temps

Sakmeeks

Hey fellow Bulldog owners. I just recently finished building a Bulldog with a 1070 MSI Seahawk and am kinda on the fence with this case.

What temps are you guys getting with your GPU's on the bulldog? I don't like how high the temp gets on the GPU so I'm gonna do a little reworking on the inside soon. Doesn't have to be the same GPU as me I just want some kind of baseline to compare to.

Afterburner reports lows of 30C and high of 79C after 3+ hours of ultra settings gaming on ultra settings. Games played so far are Gears of War 4, Dark Souls 3, Witcher 3, and Skyrim SE. All run very good at ultra settings. Skyrim SE was the one that ramped up the temps to 79C. Could just poor optimization since it's a 'new' release, but unsure since the game runs smooth no problems at all. The other games went over 70 but not close to 79C.

Yes I setup a custom fan profile to ramp up when the GPU fan on the radiator thru afterburner and made sure it works.

I live in a tropical climate and I know the case is small so it'll report warmer temps than normal, but 79C just seems too high for this GPU. Gonna try plugging it into another PC just to make absoultely sure the GPU is running at 100%.

Incase anyone was wondering I did some cable management and temps dropped drastically. Have yet to hit 50C on benchmarks that would hit 65C+. I think the way I had the wires smashed together was creating some kind of 'blanket' of cables trapping heat somewhere near the raditator.

Anyway all is good and feel much better about things now.

Archived