Corsair Community

ASUS Thermal Radar & iCUE

Snerk13

Hello. I am new here, I hope this is the right area to post this. I recently added an H150i Pro to my rig. My ASUS Thermal Radar control system seems to be fighting the iCUE for control. My question is, how do I set my bios fan control, ASUS Thermal Radar and iCUE to ork the most effectively so that I have the best control of my fans, pump and temps? Thank you for any replies.

I have never had one the TUF motherboards with those controls, but I suspect they are tied into the AI Suite controls and that in itself is the issue. AI Suite does not get on with many programs and iCUE has the same reputation.

The H150i does not require any special BIOS settings since its power comes from the SATA connector. The motherboard lead provides a pump speed and a way to avoid the CPU fan error that occurs when nothing is there. You can set CPU Fan to "disabled" or Full Speed in the BIOS and that should prevent other programs from truing to tune it (unsuccessfully).

The software arrangement is a bit trickier. If you just have the H150i and no other Corsair gear, there may be a workaround. While iCUE is not able to provide pump LED control, its predecessor Link could. There are no performance differences between the programs and no differences in lighting capabilities on the pump LED. If you uninstall iCUE and use Link 4.9.7, you can set pump LED and fan speeds, save it to the device, then set Link not to run on start up. This should allow AI Suite to do its thing. The cooler will run from the saved fan profile on the device. You could do this with iCUE as well, but the pump will run rainbows until the end of time.

Archived