Corsair Community

Corsair 500D RGB SE + Zotac RTX 2080Ti AMP Extreme

GoTSkillZ

Hi Guys,

I am building a new system and have some concerns. I am planning on getting the Corsair 500D RGB SE Case for my build and plan on using the Zotac 2080Ti AMP Extreme Gfx card. My concern over here is, will the case be sufficient in providing enough air flow for this card? i ask this because i have been hearing that the card runs hot as it is around 80+ on full load and everyone is recommending for a good airflow case.

I am going to use the H150i pro on the front using the fans that come with the cooler + the existing 3 LL fans in the front in a push pull config; additional 2 LL on the top for exhaust and 1 in the back as a exhaust.

I will also be vertically mounting the GPU, will there be enough space for the GFX card to pull in air between the glass panel ?

Do you think this config will cause any heating issue? i want the card to run as cool as possible as i will not be upgrading in the near future.

I have the same case. Looking at it right now with the side panel open.

That video card will not fit vertically in that case. The 500D only accepts a two slot wide video card in the vertical mount position.

That video card even thought it has a two slot I/O plate has a very large/wide cooler so the card will take up three slots width. Fans and shroud would be up against the glass side panel.

Only way that video card will work vertically in that case is to put a water block on it and water cool it in a custom loop. (which is what I suspect Corsair intended with this case)

Video card will work and fit fine in the normal horizontal mounting.

Case should provide sufficient airflow.

what about dust? there seems to be gaps between the glass panel and the case frame which pulls in a lot of dust?

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE6ouSp-gWk&t=879s[/ame] - this video shows a non SE version with a lot of dust inside that got pulled from the side, i stay in a fairly dusty area and im concerned about this. is there any other corsair case that will prevent dust from entering and also look cool?

Simple fix.

Went to the hardware store and picked up a roll of window weather strip. Foam type 3/8" x 1/4" i believe.

Ran it along the top, bottom and back of the door.

Did that on both sides and case is sealed up about as good as any case is.

The amount of dust that will get pulled in is going to depend of your fan setup. Positive or negative pressure. All cases will be effected by this and there is no case in existence that is dust free.

Edited by JonKrmr

The easier solution would be to increase the airflow into the case so that it is positively pressured. That will significantly reduce the dust intake in the case. The best way to achieve this is more intake than exhaust fans, which forces excess air through any other remaining openings, rather than allowing dust to flow into those openings, should the case be negatively pressured (more exhaust than intake fans).