Corsair Community

Corsair H150i Pro not being detected

Yuno112

Hello, I ordered the Corsair H150i Pro and I can't get it to show up anywhere i have tested it on corsair link and Icue and nothing. The device manager also doesn't have that USBxp thing in there either. I also used a micro usb and plugged the usb into the 2.0 headers in the back of pc and nothing. when I have the 3 pin pump on the cpu header I get no cpu fan detected in the bios. So what I did was change the cpu header fan with a different normal fan and the 3pin pump on a pump header on my motherboard and still doesn't detect the pump. the aio also only has 1 or 2 fans spinning which are connected to its 3 fan splitter. Another issue is that the light on the pump logo is very low or dim. I have the micro usb connected to the pump and the 2.0 pin on the 2.0 header on the motherboard. The aio is powered by a sata cable and I have tried all of my sata cables on it. I feel like it's a power issue since it is the 2nd one. I sent back a new one the same day I got it because I thought it was bad but now I am still getting the same problem after getting another new one. The temp on my cpu on idle is around the 20s to 30s and gaming 40's to 50s in celsius. Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hello, I ordered the Corsair H150i Pro and I can't get it to show up anywhere i have tested it on corsair link and Icue and nothing. The device manager also doesn't have that USBxp thing in there either. I also used a micro usb and plugged the usb into the 2.0 headers in the back of pc and nothing. when I have the 3 pin pump on the cpu header I get no cpu fan detected in the bios. So what I did was change the cpu header fan with a different normal fan and the 3pin pump on a pump header on my motherboard and still doesn't detect the pump. the aio also only has 1 or 2 fans spinning which are connected to its 3 fan splitter. Another issue is that the light on the pump logo is very low or dim. I have the micro usb connected to the pump and the 2.0 pin on the 2.0 header on the motherboard. The aio is powered by a sata cable and I have tried all of my sata cables on it. I feel like it's a power issue since it is the 2nd one. I sent back a new one the same day I got it because I thought it was bad but now I am still getting the same problem after getting another new one. The temp on my cpu on idle is around the 20s to 30s and gaming 40's to 50s in celsius. Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

It does sound like a power issue but it's odd that 2 different coolers would have the exact same problem.

What PSU are you using? Is it modular and are you only using cables that came with it?

This is exactly my issue but my H115i is not new. I had it working fine with my Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 motherboard and a i5 3507k. I upgraded to a z390 Asus Hero XI Wifi and a i7 8086k and now the cooler is not being detected. I have tried everything and I am lost.

Do you have lighting? Fans spinning? And the cooler is just not detected?

Do you have lighting? Fans spinning? And the cooler is just not detected?

There is a very dim light on the water block and both 140mm fans are spinning. The AI overclocker in the bios acknowledges there is a cooler as it has a cooler rating but the cooler doesn't show up in in the device manager even when using mulitple different micro usb cables and ports on my system. I am using cable mod cables but they are the same I used in my old system so I would be very surprised if they are the issue but I can try and use the original sata cable from the PSU.

There is a very dim light on the water block and both 140mm fans are spinning. The AI overclocker in the bios acknowledges there is a cooler as it has a cooler rating but the cooler doesn't show up in in the device manager even when using mulitple different micro usb cables and ports on my system. I am using cable mod cables but they are the same I used in my old system so I would be very surprised if they are the issue but I can try and use the original sata cable from the PSU.

I would doubt that the cable mod cables are the issue as well - but, just for giggles, let's rule that out by using one of the original SATA cables.

It is getting power or it wouldn't operate at all and you'd hit temp max in the BIOS - but it just doesn't seem like it's enough power.

I would doubt that the cable mod cables are the issue as well - but, just for giggles, let's rule that out by using one of the original SATA cables.

It is getting power or it wouldn't operate at all and you'd hit temp max in the BIOS - but it just doesn't seem like it's enough power.

Alright I switched to the original sata cable with no results which makes sense. Here are some screenshots. I may be missing it in the USBDeview window but I do not think so.

2056118595_devicemanager.PNG.8637e5e522901ac8a2efacb24d4aa523.PNG

978411084_corsairutilities.thumb.PNG.f30b0465c181c74ccb6e9d916c822ecc.PNG

usbdeviewer.PNG.cdbb19d2b934a9ba95a4816585a87e3c.PNG

It does sound like a power issue but it's odd that 2 different coolers would have the exact same problem.

What PSU are you using? Is it modular and are you only using cables that came with it?

I am using the evga 750 g2 and it is modular and I am only using the cable it came with.

Unfortunately, these sound like either internal power issues or (possibly) an MCU issue. It's odd that the OP would get two coolers in a row that exhibited this issue.

Unfortunately, I don't think that it's anything that we'll be able to fix here on the forum - you'll either need to return to the retailer (if you can, that's usually quicker) or open a support ticket.

Unfortunately, these sound like either internal power issues or (possibly) an MCU issue. It's odd that the OP would get two coolers in a row that exhibited this issue.

Unfortunately, I don't think that it's anything that we'll be able to fix here on the forum - you'll either need to return to the retailer (if you can, that's usually quicker) or open a support ticket.

Thanks for your feedback. I was thinking the same about the issue being separate from the aio. I'm going to see if I can get my hands on another power supply but if I can't I will most likely return the aio since I am on a low budge atm and opt for an air cooler for the mean time.

I'm not certain that it's the PSU ... the MCU is the Micro Controller Unit in the pump. The pump itself must be working and circulating the coolant or your CPU temps would be through the roof.

Ah I now see what you mean. I was looking up the wrong thing assuming the mcu was related to psu.

Archived