Corsair Community

6x ML120 connected to h150i pump

Drinkmelk

Hey guys, I've got my h150i on the way and im looking to install it into my new spec omega rgb, but wanted some rgb fans on it. Im looking to get a 3 pack of rgb ML120's and plan to do a push/pull setup up with all 6 fans. Im wondering if its safe to connect all 6 fans to the pump by adding some pwm splitters to the pump fan cables?

Cheers.

With the lighting current moved over to the RGB Lighting Hub and its separate SATA power line, the fan itself draws very little current --- about 0.08A per fan. Total SATA power limit for the entire cooler is 2.0A, so even reserving a large chunk for the pump and lighting, you are nowhere close to that. There should be no issue with using either 2 x 3-way splitters or 3 x 2-way splitters on the pump controller.

You can also use more HD120 fan if you want to keep them all the same. It isn't going to matter from a cooling perspective.

But, there is not space in the case for push/pull with 6 fans. I have just rebuild my sons pc with new SPEC OMEGA RGB case and one H150i and there is no space on the bottom fan, on the upper and the middle you can have push/pull. If you remove the plastic cover and the hdd-cage then you got space for push/pull on all 3 places on the 150i.

Archived