Corsair Community

Computer FANs or PUMP goes really loud when gaming

Flufsi

So I just built my PC yesterday (3x HD120 H150i PRO i7-8700k 1060OC Z370-F TRIDENT Z RGB SPEC OMEGA RGB) and when I first turned it on it all went well apart from when I started gaming and after about 2 minutes the PC begins to go REALLY loud. The 3 HD120s are connected to a 6-way fan hub which then connects to the SPEC OMEGA RGB controller in the case which then connects to the motherboard the h150i pump is connected to the motherboard via AIO PUMP and the sound doesn't go away till I restart my PC. I don't know if the noise is the fans or the pump could someone please help! (it's not the gpu since they are on zero rpm mode and I can physically see that the blades aren't turning)

Do you have Corsair Link or iCUE installed? Can you let us know what the coolant temp/ what the pump speed is showing?
I have both but icue takes priority over Corsair link for some reason, the HD120s show 1100rpm under load and 700 not under load, the pump is 1080-2300 rpm which is fine for a pump I think and the rad fans are 300 not under load and 700 underload. Whats making the sound

The fan speed is governed by the coolant temperature (H150i temp in iCUE). We are trying to figure out if you hit a certain coolant temperature that would have prompted the fans to become aggressive.

The pump speed is not dynamic. I would suggest setting it to Balanced and leave it there. Quiet is going to create a temperature penalty when gaming and might have pushed you high enough to cause a large fan response. Either way, the H150i temp in relation to room temperature is key in determining if there is a problem. Specific fan speed is not a large factor in the end temperature.

There are 3 Stock rad fans connected to the rad and pump these aren’t the problem, it’s the 3 hd120’s connected to the lighting controller then to Corsair link I don’t know how to control them

None of those fan speeds are particularly fast and should not be overly noisy. We obviously can’t determine where the noise is come no from on this end. You will need to unplug or stop fans selectively if you can’t pinpoint the source.

The HD fans have 2 wires. 1 is for lighting only and goes to that small 6 port RGB hub. The second wire is the power/speed wire. That leads to the control source. It could be the motherboard. It could be another fan controller. We can’t tell from here and there are numerous ways to configure it.

None of those fan speeds are particularly fast and should not be overly noisy. We obviously can’t determine where the noise is come no from on this end. You will need to unplug or stop fans selectively if you can’t pinpoint the source.

The HD fans have 2 wires. 1 is for lighting only and goes to that small 6 port RGB hub. The second wire is the power/speed wire. That leads to the control source. It could be the motherboard. It could be another fan controller. We can’t tell from here and there are numerous ways to configure it.

it’s the motherboard

OK. You still need to identify where, exactly, the noise is coming from. You can unplug the fans while you hear the noise to see where it's coming from. You can also (carefully) stop them with your fingers. Try doing that to narrow it down; we can't do that from here.

Archived