The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-02-2018, 06:18 PM
Llyod17's PC Specs

POST ID # = 942994
Llyod17 Reputation: 10
Default high CPU temps with H100i V2

Sorry in advance for the wall of text I wanted to make sure I outlined everything:
I have being having an issue with my CPU temps using the I7 6700k paired with the h100i v2. Idle I get 30c (after around 30 mins sat at desktop otherwise its 40c) which is not a problem but as soon as I start loading programs they spike to 60 (even when loading chrome, control panel, steam etc) and under gmaing it tops out at a steady 80-95c depending on the game. I got very conserned with this and decided to run the IPDT which failed due to temps (topped out at 100c after 30 seconds). I have reseated the cooler 3 times with three different thermal pastes, the first time was the initial install with stock paste, second time was with Arctic mx-2 and third time I got a proper cleaning kit and some Noctua NT-N1.
All three times gave me low temps for a day or two and then began climing day one load temps were 50c, day 2 60c, day 3. 70c and by a week they were back to failing the IPDT at 100c. The mounting is all correct I made sure of that and my CPU voltage is capped at 1.2v. It should also be noted im using performance settings in Link and I can feel/hear the water being moved through the system. Also worth noting corsair Link shows the pump temp being at 40-50c when under load

Last edited by Llyod17; 03-02-2018 at 06:27 PM.

Old 05-01-2018, 12:19 PM
the_deadeye's PC Specs

POST ID # = 952913
the_deadeye Reputation: 10

i think i am actually having very similar issue. :( I am yet to find a solution.
My idle is around 35C, and at 30% CPU load the temps rise upto 75s or even 80s.

in aida64 test problem it actually warns me about overheat issue, under 100% load.

Old 05-01-2018, 12:25 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 952914
DevBiker Reputation: 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_deadeye View Post
i think i am actually having very similar issue. :( I am yet to find a solution.
My idle is around 35C, and at 30% CPU load the temps rise upto 75s or even 80s.

in aida64 test problem it actually warns me about overheat issue, under 100% load.
What are your pump temperatures?

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Tags
h100i v2, i7-6700k, overheating cpu