The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Power Supplies

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-28-2019, 11:38 AM

POST ID # = 1009563
Erinon Reputation: 10

Got a reply last night - offering RMA and requesting copies of order - which they had from the previous 2 RMA's.......

Does anyone know if this problem has actually been fixed with the 860i?

Old 06-28-2019, 04:00 PM
Banned
Waukeen's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1009608
Waukeen Reputation: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erinon View Post
Still no response from Corsair to the ticket I raised 8 days ago.

Raised a second ticket - no reply other than the auto " we got your ticket".

Do they still read these forums?

Pretty poor customer service.
And another reveal, since they don't quite get it. First things first, to Corsair and specifically Mr. A. S. (the guilty party knows who they are). This is going public fully on August 3rd if I have not received the paperwork for that by then. An agreement, is an agreement, is an agreement. I will also at that time be requiring you (Corsair) to provide full warranty support for the CPU, motherboard and the drive within the terms of the normal warranties for said products. Again, I kept up my end, and you have sort of kept up yours but until fulfilled 100%, I will consider the verbal agreement NOT to discuss this as null and void. And if I get them before then, great, no more will be said.

As for your issue Erinon, read this as it deals with your protections under the EU law (Brexit hasn't hit yet and you are covered here). That is if I recall right where you are from :)

Should help you figure out your next steps, of which I fully support here if you go the nuclear route like I did.

Old 06-28-2019, 04:07 PM
Banned
Waukeen's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1009609

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erinon View Post
Got a reply last night - offering RMA and requesting copies of order - which they had from the previous 2 RMA's.......

Does anyone know if this problem has actually been fixed with the 860i?
Just saw this, at this point I would suggest asking for a completely different model as you have already gone through this issue with, what was it 3? PSU already. That is if you want to stay with it. I would recommend the HX1200i, but due to my experiences and yours I would go with Enermax or EVGA. The last Enermax I had (DXX Galaxy 1kW) served me well for 12 years before it kicked the bucket and if I hadn't switched to Corsair for this build I would have stuck with them, but I got sold on the PSU for certain things it offered that Enermax didn't. Keep updates coming on how you get along.

*grabs some popcorn*

Old 06-28-2019, 04:30 PM
Hardcore Games
Vegan's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1009618
Vegan Reputation: 10

As I posted in some observations, cranking up fans on everything resolved issues with the red LED coming on and or the PSU refusing to power up for a while (till the machine cooled enough).

air flow in from front to rear/top exhaust seems to be the best bet

Corsair SPEC-01 chassis with the Corsair HX1000i PSU

Hardcore Games - Legendary of the Only Way to Play

I have been a vegan since 1969. I have experienced more prejudice than anyone could possibly ever imagine.

Old 07-01-2019, 06:29 AM

POST ID # = 1009895

Still trying to Express RMA my (3rd) dud PSU. Customer support appear to have gone into Radio silence. I know they have just changed support system but is it really that difficult to tell me what is going on?

Really poor service from a company that has (had?) a great reputation.

Old 07-01-2019, 06:25 PM
Banned
Waukeen's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1009962

Well then, at least I know the stuff that was supposed to be worked on has returned to 'business as usual' around Corsair. Maybe I should move up the reveal date of what went down with me and them. Because unfortunately one thing that started my whole mess was being lied to. What you guys think? Should I just go for it then file in court for the rest of what was agreed to?

And "had" is the right term I do believe. You could also go with "legendary" because as of now, it is a legend told only around camp fires and in dusty server archive volumes.

Old 07-01-2019, 06:57 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Kevin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1009964
Corsair Kevin Reputation: 10

Hi everyone, just wanted to give a heads up that I'm trying to talk to the powers that be to see what's going on with this, internally. I apologize for any inconvenience.

Old 07-01-2019, 08:06 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Kevin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1009973

Hello everyone,

As an update before day's end here, I spoke with the PSU product manager and our tech support team. They have a solution for those affected by this issue, so if you have an AX860i that has these issues, please create a ticket or call tech support and let them know, explicitly, that it is concerning the AX860i. I've been assured that there is solution ready for you.

Again, I apologize for delays and any inconvenience you may have experienced. That's not at all the experience we want you to have. I urge you to contact our technical support team to have it resolved as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience, everyone.

Old 07-01-2019, 09:21 PM
Banned
Waukeen's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1009981

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair Kevin View Post
Again, I apologize for delays and any inconvenience you may have experienced. That's not at all the experience we want you to have. I urge you to contact our technical support team to have it resolved as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience, everyone.
Kevin,

If this is not the experience you want people to have you need to mean it. And not revert back to the, well I was going to say the way it was before but in truth that hasn't really seemed to change from what I have seen.

You guys want to call me a PITA, you are welcome to, but know that I will continue to hold you, Corsair, responsible for ALL the issues caused by you, be it software or hardware. While you may not know me, you have probably heard of some stuff at the water cooler that happened within the last few months. And regardless of the little poll I put on the Software subforum, I will be going public soon about what happened because guess what? YOU GUYS CAN'T SEEM TO HELP BUT LIE TO YOUR CUSTOMERS. Feel free to ask around the office about what I am referring but understand that time is short and there is only one right way to stop this. Honor. The. Agreement. Just. As. I. Honored. My. End. That is all. Because if it gets to that point I will be forced to require Corsair handle the factory warranty for a CPU, M.2 drive and a motherboard.

I become less and less amused as the days go on, what with all the issues people are still having and the stunning lack of disrespect you have shown the community.

Old 07-02-2019, 12:50 AM
Hardcore Games
Vegan's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1009986
Vegan Reputation: 10

When I enabled a custom fan profile in my AX860i, it improved on the stability considerably

Corsair SPEC-01 chassis with the Corsair HX1000i PSU

Hardcore Games - Legendary of the Only Way to Play

I have been a vegan since 1969. I have experienced more prejudice than anyone could possibly ever imagine.

Old 07-03-2019, 01:00 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Kevin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1010174

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waukeen View Post
Kevin,

If this is not the experience you want people to have you need to mean it. And not revert back to the, well I was going to say the way it was before but in truth that hasn't really seemed to change from what I have seen.

You guys want to call me a PITA, you are welcome to, but know that I will continue to hold you, Corsair, responsible for ALL the issues caused by you, be it software or hardware. While you may not know me, you have probably heard of some stuff at the water cooler that happened within the last few months. And regardless of the little poll I put on the Software subforum, I will be going public soon about what happened because guess what? YOU GUYS CAN'T SEEM TO HELP BUT LIE TO YOUR CUSTOMERS. Feel free to ask around the office about what I am referring but understand that time is short and there is only one right way to stop this. Honor. The. Agreement. Just. As. I. Honored. My. End. That is all. Because if it gets to that point I will be forced to require Corsair handle the factory warranty for a CPU, M.2 drive and a motherboard.

I become less and less amused as the days go on, what with all the issues people are still having and the stunning lack of disrespect you have shown the community.
Hi Waukeen,
Can you PM me details of what's been going on so I can be of better assistance? Contrary to what you may believe, I haven't heard anything of the issues you mentioned. I can't speak for other individuals, but I, personally, and the company as a whole, want to make sure we're doing everything we can to uphold our side to ensure you're satisfied with our products. I apologize for the issues you've been dealing with. This may sound trite or contrived, but I can empathize with what you're feeling when it comes to issues that seem like no resolution will be found. I'll do what I can, to the best of my ability, to help you reach a suitable resolution. That being said, I want to thank you for being as patient as you clearly have been.

Old 07-05-2019, 08:43 PM

POST ID # = 1010408
Zone Reputation: 10

I have the misfortune of having the post boot loop, random crashes for the last seven months. Rma'd motherboard, and have rebuilt my system many times now. Will be on the phone Monday morning it just crashed yet again, will see what they will say. Oh and I have started a ticket here as well.

Last edited by Zone; 07-06-2019 at 06:02 AM. Reason: updates

Old 07-07-2019, 04:29 AM

POST ID # = 1010501

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone View Post
I have the misfortune of having the post boot loop,
Hi Zone,

I noticed you have edited your post. As you have raised a ticket you should get a response but they are very very slow in responding.

I haven't seen any public announcment from Corsair about the issue with this PSU but for me they are replacing it.

Keep us informed on your progress.

Old 07-07-2019, 01:35 PM
Banned
Waukeen's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1010518

^^^

Bout damn time, amirite?

Old 07-10-2019, 05:50 PM
Corsair Employee
Corsair Kevin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1010809