The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 25 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-23-2014, 01:51 PM

POST ID # = 729594
mysticc Reputation: 10

Cannot understand the discussion about the changed Logo.

You are behaving like those kiddies you claim not to be...

0 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-23-2014, 02:26 PM
Aliothale's PC Specs

POST ID # = 729610
Aliothale Reputation: 10

Oh great, looks like I'm buying a K95 with white LED's then. I was really looking forward to these.. but that logo is god awful. Shame on you Corsair.. SHAME!

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-23-2014, 02:34 PM

POST ID # = 729613
Alahan Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticc View Post

^This times one-million.

I don't mean to start a flame war but this behavior of "I am not buying it because of a logo" is beyond childish. I simply cannot comprehend how a little logo is causing such a stir.

If you don't like it, you should request for some decal or stick to cover it up instead of threatening to boycott a product you have been waiting for many months to purchase then make a last minute decision to refuse to purchase over a minor aesthetic that has absolutely ZERO impact on the performance, functionality, and quality of the product.

Old 09-23-2014, 03:40 PM
Perfected's PC Specs

POST ID # = 729636
Perfected Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticc View Post

Hardly. We're debating something we don't like and simply voicing our opinion in an organized, efficient, mature manner hoping to make a difference for the better, even if it is quite minuscule.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-23-2014, 09:20 PM
Sinomatic's PC Specs

POST ID # = 729709
Sinomatic Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alahan View Post
^This times one-million.

I don't mean to start a flame war but this behavior of "I am not buying it because of a logo" is beyond childish. I simply cannot comprehend how a little logo is causing such a stir.

If you don't like it, you should request for some decal or stick to cover it up instead of threatening to boycott a product you have been waiting for many months to purchase then make a last minute decision to refuse to purchase over a minor aesthetic that has absolutely ZERO impact on the performance, functionality, and quality of the product.

We're customers. This product is one that is being sold not only for it's technical specs, but largely on it's aethetic appeal. They have done something that changes that aesthetic appeal 'at the last minute', in a very negative way, for a portion of people. It may be a minor change to you, but it's a subjective thing; there are clearly quite a number who find it more than minor.

We don't owe Corsair our money. We're telling them that one of the reasons we chose to buy Corsair versus other brands is that their products had a visual appeal (in addition to the functional side) that we liked, and that this new branding completely undermines that.

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-23-2014, 10:30 PM
egio's PC Specs

POST ID # = 729722
egio Reputation: 10

I'm so glad I pre-ordered before they changed this.. It looks so tacky and completely removed the class from the products. I was planning on getting the M65 RGB, but I guess not..

Make sure to sign the petition, it may get us somewhere.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-23-2014, 10:32 PM
I Fight For The Users
Dicehunter's PC Specs

POST ID # = 729723
Dicehunter Reputation: 16

The yellow looks like crap, The new logo looks like crap, I cancelled my pre-order of the RGB K95 and RGB M65, Sorry Corsair but your new logo looks crap.

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-23-2014, 10:36 PM
negativedan's PC Specs

POST ID # = 729727
negativedan Reputation: 10

I wanted the k95 but ended up saving $20 and went with one of the last 'superior logo' k70s left on newegg. A little bummed about not having the extra macro keys but I think it was a good trade off. As for my new mouse I think I'll be going with the Mionix now.

Old 09-24-2014, 12:32 AM

POST ID # = 729745
Mug3n Reputation: 10

Wow am I happy that I pre-ordered the k70 RGB with the old logo on it, as well as the old m95.

Corsair, please please please do not change the logo on the obsidian type cases as well.

I can understand that you want to appeal to another demographic due to its size of market compared to your unique market, but please don't do this by annoying your existing market.

If you have to appeal to the younger demographic, release another product range which is cheaper and is "gaming", but leave the awesome sails logo alone and let the "quality over quantity" consumers continue to have access to the brand they love.

For those who say that brand logo doesn't matter, understand that it is a massive part of the marketing capital of a brand and that by changing it you can damage your brand. Face it, people buy motherboards and graphics cards based on color schemes and spend thousands on watercooling for the looks rather than purely for performance.

Old 09-24-2014, 01:10 AM
Perfected's PC Specs

POST ID # = 729754
Perfected Reputation: 10

3000+ signatures guys on that petition.

Seems like Corsair dun-goofed this time.

Old 09-24-2014, 02:43 AM
musicequips's PC Specs

POST ID # = 729764
musicequips Reputation: 31

Would be very surprised if Corsair let a hundred "non-buyers" intimidate them even if 10,000 internet social media activists sign a "petition". Someone else WILL buy the boards.

Great keyboard. Get one.

Old 09-24-2014, 02:43 AM
I Fight For The Users
Dicehunter's PC Specs

POST ID # = 729765
Dicehunter Reputation: 16

Found a Facebook page linking to the petition, For all the people who want change and for all the times corsair say "We listen to our customers" this is a chance to prove it - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Corsa...48843468615694

Last edited by Dicehunter; 09-24-2014 at 02:46 AM.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-24-2014, 02:53 AM
Lady Fitzgerald's PC Specs

POST ID # = 729769
Lady Fitzgerald Reputation: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alahan View Post
^This times one-million.

Everyone has different values, different likes, and different dislikes. Just because the logo change seems trivial to you doesn't mean it is for everyone. Putting down other people's opinions is the only childish behavior happening here.

Backup, backup, backup! And RAID is NOT a backup!

Old 09-25-2014, 10:27 AM

POST ID # = 730181
TheGlow Reputation: 10

Such a shame. I was looking to get a new mechanical to move on from my current "green" led one. Was going to get a K70, then saw the RGB was coming. Cool, I'll wait a bit as I want cherry mx blues.
Then this logo swap... Such a shame. But yes, something this petty is important. The main people getting the RGB is because of looks. it changes colors. The only use of that is for aesthetics. Now they change the logo, again, something strictly aesthetics.
Its just silly. And seeing the comparison of that headset with blue ring vs yellow, another bad play.
Calling people out for being childish about a design for an item made famous because of design-ability, is flawed..

Old 09-25-2014, 01:41 PM
mybuilt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 730243
mybuilt Reputation: 10

I am glad too that I have the K70 RGB which was preordered when it first came out. I was like lot of others was a first adopter who embraced the KB.

Regarding the new logo and branding somehow corsair thinks that only gamers buy these KB’s and their other products and for that I think they are totally misled as I am not a gamer and would not like to buy a product that advertises gaming as I am not a gamer. Buying the KB also with the new logo would identify me as a gamer when I am not. I bought it as I had faith in Corsair with their products however I was upset with all the problems we had initially and thought that with the release of the new firmware/software the problems will be solved. Again I was wrong as Corsair was busy putting all their efforts towards the gaming aspect. With the new firmware/software still get the device malfunction so the problems are still there as others have also posted.

Some have mentioned that they do not understand why some are upset with the new logo. It is all about esthetics. I ask them would you buy a product which you feel is not esthetic. Esthetics plays a great role in real life (hairdo, teeth, colors, designs etc) and that has a great influence when you buy any product. Of course beauty is in the beholders eye. Someone would love a purple suit but I don’t know how many will go and buy a purple suit as long as everyone has a choice then it is OK.

It would be wise on corsair’s part not to put any logo on their products but send two logo/decals with the product and let the consumer make the decision as to which logo they want to place on the product. If one is a gamer they will use the gaming logo and if one is not they will use the traditional logo/decal. Just place blank depressed slot where these logo/decals can fit.

In the meantime I hope the next release of the software/firmware will address the initial issues we all had and asked for to be resolved.

Closed Thread

Tags
change, gaming, keyboard, logo, rgb