The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-10-2018, 08:11 PM

POST ID # = 958530
Connorz Reputation: 10
Default Recommended Fan Curve For the H100i V2

Hello everyone!
I have recently got the H100i V2 for my pc and the default fan curve on Corsair Link seems to be too loud for me. I have my radiator at the top of my case with the fans blowing outwards (pretty sure it blows outwards, the logos on the fans are facing inwards). I have a intel 8700k and a 1080 ti (if that helps). I am just curious what fan curve people would recommend for sorta intense games (like PUBG and stuff).

Old 06-10-2018, 09:44 PM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 958537
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 104

Differences tend to be in single degrees for varying fan levels, so that may not be enough to matter on a 8700K with its beautiful Intel construction. For me, 1500 rpm is about the most I can stand on 120mm radiator fans. If you are using the stock SP120L model, maybe a bit less. You can measure the difference by looking at the H100i v2 Temp (coolant temp). However, you also have something of a balancing act to do with the Ti. When gaming, its heat will raise the entire internal case temp, including the coolant temp. This likely means you see higher coolant temps when gaming than during a straight 100% CPU only test. If the Ti is dominating the atmosphere, you may want the radiator fans as high as you can stand to aid in exhaust. If your case is large enough, sometimes you can get better CPU coolant results by keeping radiator fan speeds low and the rear exhaust high to direct more GPU heat out the back, rather than through the radiator. Long way of saying you will have to experiment to see.

Old 06-10-2018, 11:24 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 958545
DevBiker Reputation: 88

To follow up with what c-attack said, I have seen with my 1070 that the fan that makes the biggest difference when gaming is the exhaust fan in the rear. Having this spin up during gaming workloads gets the waste heat from the GPU out and makes a big difference in the temperature of the radiator intake.

It made an even bigger difference to move my radiator forward (I have room for 3x 140mm on top) and to have 2 exhaust fans in the rear ... one in the rear top and one in the back rear.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 06-11-2018, 02:46 AM

POST ID # = 958564
Connorz Reputation: 10

Thank you for responding!
My GPU does seem to get very hot. I have the exhaust fan plugged into the cpu socket (I am not sure if that would make a difference or not). Also what is a good program or way to control the exhaust fan?

Last edited by Connorz; 06-11-2018 at 02:59 AM.

Old 06-11-2018, 09:56 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 958596
DevBiker Reputation: 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connorz View Post
Thank you for responding!
My GPU does seem to get very hot. I have the exhaust fan plugged into the cpu socket (I am not sure if that would make a difference or not). Also what is a good program or way to control the exhaust fan?
Personally, I use the Commander Pro and it's built-in thermistors. One of these thermistors is placed just above the GPU. This allows me to control my fan speeds based on that temperature.

Outside of the CoPro, you may be able to accomplish the same thing with your motherboard controller but since you haven't filled out your system details (hint, hint ), I can't tell if this is an option for you. Some motherboards have a connector for a temperature sensors ... this is an inexpensive part that is easily found on Amazon. Other motherboards have sensors on the motherboard itself but it's often difficult to know exactly where they are.

However, I can tell you that the CPU fan header will control the fan based on CPU temperature which, in a liquid cooled system, isn't what you want for your case fans.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Tags
fan curve, fan speed, h100i v2, loud fan