The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 73 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-17-2017, 03:09 PM
RedLemon's PC Specs

POST ID # = 923604
RedLemon Reputation: 10

I know this thread is pretty old but this issue persists today. Could i use the 8 metal washers that they include with the cooler?

Old 10-17-2017, 07:52 PM

POST ID # = 923627
Sashe Reputation: 10
Angry

Has Corsair sent out a response?
I bought this for a temp solution for my new build.
My temps were very high and I'm glad I only used the h80i short term while I was waiting for my water cooling parts.
I'd like to use the h80i for a second build for my wife.

Seriously... Corsair... on an Asus Maximus V .. I can completly lift the surface off of my cpu???

Lot's of good people on here with a fix, but why haven't you stepped up? If you have else where I apologize?

Old 01-09-2018, 01:39 PM
AndreiD's PC Specs

POST ID # = 934576
AndreiD Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLemon View Post
I know this thread is pretty old but this issue persists today. Could i use the 8 metal washers that they include with the cooler?
Found this old thread again, but I think you need rubber ones since I recall metal ones didn't fit quite snug behind the socket. Give it a try and see if it works, be sure not to over-tighten the screws though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sashe View Post
Has Corsair sent out a response?
I bought this for a temp solution for my new build.
My temps were very high and I'm glad I only used the h80i short term while I was waiting for my water cooling parts.
I'd like to use the h80i for a second build for my wife.

Seriously... Corsair... on an Asus Maximus V .. I can completly lift the surface off of my cpu???

Lot's of good people on here with a fix, but why haven't you stepped up? If you have else where I apologize?

Surprising that the issue persists after so many years, I presume they've had lots of complaints already.
It's probably down to Asetek since they're the main OEM for Corsair AIOs.

Old 01-09-2018, 01:45 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 934579
DevBiker Reputation: 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreiD View Post
Found this old thread again, but I think you need rubber ones since I recall metal ones didn't fit quite snug behind the socket. Give it a try and see if it works, be sure not to over-tighten the screws though.

Surprising that the issue persists after so many years, I presume they've had lots of complaints already.
It's probably down to Asetek since they're the main OEM for Corsair AIOs.
I would check that you are using the correct standoffs. Yes, it's a little loose on the board but once you tighten the screws, it's snug. My son's system is an AsRock Z77 and it's running this exact cooler with absolutely no washers and no issues; snug as a bug in a rug.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Old 01-09-2018, 01:48 PM
AndreiD's PC Specs

POST ID # = 934581
AndreiD Reputation: 10

I remember it depends on the motherboard since the PCB thickness can vary between them? Mine wasn't exactly snug after the install so that was the issue back then for me. Ymmv temp wise.

Tags
backplate, h80i, loose, screws, washers