The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 243 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-23-2014, 10:32 PM
L8r_Space_Cowbo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 702709
L8r_Space_Cowbo Reputation: 10

Hi, thanks for posting this thread, I'm glad you were able to help many people out.

So far my problem is I'm using a Z87i ZC gaming motherboard. It's a Micro-ITX Mobo, which means I only have a single USB on the board. I've confirmed it works by plugging my PS3 controller into it with the USB cord provided with the H80i and playing a game with it. I have also confirmed that the H80i works by plugging it into a rear USB with a phone charger and changing the fan speeds + the LED color. I have followed the instructions provided to the letter, and I still can't get it to work without plugging it into the back of my case. Is there anything else I can try?

Old 03-24-2014, 11:57 AM
Ripshod's PC Specs

POST ID # = 702753
Ripshod Reputation: 16
Send a message via Skype™ to Ripshod

Thanks, tho most of the info has been prvided by others.

Using a rear USB port is a semi-temporary solution. I'd love to say 'yes, there's a definite way to get it sorted', but I can't. If you're short of usb's then maybe an external hub, or even an internal usb expander - they give you extra usb headers as well as a few usb ports (inside the case).

I'm probably as anxious as you to see a final solution. Perhaps one day we'll have dedicated drivers, maybe.

Old 06-03-2014, 04:57 PM

POST ID # = 713675
JaegerBane Reputation: 10

You guys are a bunch of legends - after several evenings of suffering this exact issue, this thread gave me the idea of using an a-b cable, and it worked like a charm - I think the firmware upgrade also made it a lot more stable. Really impressive stuff.

Cheers dudes!

Old 06-18-2014, 06:50 PM
Draven25's PC Specs

POST ID # = 715704
Draven25 Reputation: 10

I wanted to put up that the Logitech MX3200 is not playing nice. I confirmed that it will block the temps, fan speed and control. The Logitech K360 does work. Took me 2 days to figure this out.

Old 07-11-2014, 09:58 PM

POST ID # = 718783
Hotdegs Reputation: 10

Hey all,

So I'm one of those users that has had zero luck getting my h100i to be recognized. I only have one USB header on my motherboard, so swapping to another one wasn't an option, but I tried running a mini b to A cable to USB connectors plugged into THAT header, the rear of my mobo, the 3.0 header on the motherboard, etc. In the end, my usb device is still unknown. I'm quite frustrated after trying multiple solutions to no avail.

I've also tried unplugging everything but my keyboard (so that I could login) and tried having it recognized that way as well.

Does anyone have suggestions for my next step?

Old 09-05-2014, 09:10 PM
96accord's PC Specs

POST ID # = 725870
96accord Reputation: 10

I know this is an old thread but I can't install the CorsairLink software (any version it fails to install with a "Runtime Error!"

This application has request the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Then it says "InstallScript Setup Launcher Unicode has stopped working"

I click view problem details: AppCrash and other stuff

Any ideas? Thanks

Old 09-05-2014, 09:15 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 725872
wytnyt wytnyt Reputation: 159
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt

make sure your .netframework is current

Old 09-07-2014, 04:48 PM
athena2014's PC Specs

POST ID # = 726032
athena2014 Reputation: 10

Nice guide! I've been trying to get my new H80i work for the whole day none of the solutions I found actually works. In the end, I just had to remove the other USB connectors on my motherboard >.>

Edited: Updated the link program to latest version and all hell broke loose. After multiple uninstalling and reinstalling, I've decided to give up and revert back to ASUS Fan Xpert 2 by connecting the Corsair fans to the motherboard directly =( Had I known the Corsair software sux this much, I would've waited for NZXT Kraken X61 to come out in my country =(

Last edited by athena2014; 09-07-2014 at 06:20 PM.

Old 11-11-2014, 05:36 PM
Xnitro67's PC Specs

POST ID # = 741326
Xnitro67 Reputation: 10

Mine just went and said driver is up to date but still on unknown device h80i blinking led

Old 02-01-2015, 03:03 AM
VPII's PC Specs

POST ID # = 757406
VPII Reputation: 10

Okay.... I'm new here but I seem to be experiencing the same issue. But I'll first give some background. I ended up having bend pin problems on the cpu socket for my Asus X99-Pro and I got an Asus X99-A and re installed windows 7 64bit.

Upon doing so I noticed that the fans plugged into the H100i is revving up and down ever second or so and the logo light on the pump is flashing constantly. This happens upon startup, which in the bios etc.

This was never the case in the 13 months of using the H100i from a Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 to even the Asus X99-Pro. I was able to see the pump in the corsair link software but I cannot see it now.

I checked the Human interface devices under device manager and saw:
HID-compliant consumer control device
HID-compliant device
None of these has the same description under hardware lds as is stated in the first post. I do not have any unrecognized usb devices in the device manager.

Thus, I'm unable to update the firmware as for some reason I cannot see the pump in the corsair link software.

I did notice in HD Monitor that the pump rpm is shown and it would sometimes drop from 2290 to 300 or less, but only every now and then. I did try both the USB connectors on the motherboard and I have tried different SATA power cables but without much success.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Old 03-30-2015, 01:32 PM

POST ID # = 769511
sierratango88 Reputation: 10

You can add an "American Power Conversion USB UPS" HID driver to the list of incompatible drivers that will prevent the Corsair USB Input Device driver from working and being detected in Corsair Link.

As a workaround, I have to right click and disable the APC HID in device manager and disable and enable (restarting) the Corsair HID for it to start working again.

Old 03-16-2016, 07:13 PM
lv412's PC Specs

POST ID # = 842768
lv412 Reputation: 10

I have a terrible issue, I have a H100i GTX it is detected correctly, but the Link 4 just crash when I try to run it, Windows 7 64bits. please help.

Tags
drivers, h100i, h80i, windows 7