The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 25 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-25-2014, 08:25 PM
Banned

POST ID # = 730413
Yellowbeard Reputation: 46

As noted, we were listening

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthre...408#post730408

Old 09-26-2014, 05:02 PM
Perfected's PC Specs

POST ID # = 730685
Perfected Reputation: 10

Duplicate post removed - original - http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132671

Last edited by Technobeard; 09-26-2014 at 05:15 PM.

Old 12-06-2014, 02:03 PM

POST ID # = 745339
Wulfcaen Reputation: 10

Hello! I registered just to add my voice to this makeshift petition. Please consider bringing back the old logo! I mean only supporting criticism, I like Corsair.

I don't know what your marketing department is telling you, but I'm pretty sure the average age of your loyal consumers is over 14; I'm 28.

My first Corsair product was a peripheral; a pair of Corsair Vengeance 1500 headphones. If they had used this new logo at that time, I would have avoided them as adamantly as I avoid Razer products.

Ostentatious, flamboyant logos and decals are obnoxious to people that want an elegant and mature ambience to their office or bedroom.

I patronize Corsair and speak well of their products for two reasons: Firstly, all of the Corsair products I have encountered are quality merchandise. Your headphones were cheaper, looked sexier in an understated manner, and performed better than any in their class! Kudos!

Secondly, I patronize you for what I perceive to be your integrity as a company. Not only did you give me, the consumer, a good product at a fair price; but I also sincerely believe you wish to do so. I have an earnest feeling that you desire to create quality products, that you share my passions. I identify with the brand.

A strong part of that identity, as any historian or theologian knows, is the logo. The imagery. How you depict yourselves. Three sails lit in soft white light did it for me. Elegant. Intellectual, understated, artistic. Perhaps you didn't wish to be understated, you thought you deserved more. Your lack of hubris; your professional, neatly trimmed design is what attracted me to you, before I even knew your quality.

The original logo could've been a Barbary Corsair or the Santa Maria; it is a broad and simple, recognizable image. The new Image looks like, and this is only my opinion, and in no way am I attempting to defame you or hurt your company, but it looks like a poorly conceived progressive metal band's logo.

Maybe I'll get over it in time, but it simply won't be the same to me. A great many of your customers likely agree. Hold a poll, do additional focus groups and marketing research, please. Just don't ignore us.

It seems trivial, but your very identity, and thereby your relationship, with your customers is affected by this seemingly small issue of perception.

Last edited by Wulfcaen; 12-06-2014 at 02:11 PM.

Old 12-06-2014, 04:13 PM

POST ID # = 745358
Liquid Cobalt Reputation: 10

As i just got aware of yesterday the new logo is just a sticker. How about offering a sticker with the old logo, made from the same material as the one with the new logo, for those who want the old one? And for those units not already packed up you could simply include it in the boxes. Wouldn't that be easier, and cheaper aswell, than having to care for two separate production lines for essentialy the same product?

Old 12-06-2014, 04:54 PM
Bearded Corsair Employee

POST ID # = 745365
Technobeard Reputation: 68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Cobalt View Post
How about offering a sticker with the old logo
Not happening:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowbeard View Post
We have no intentions of providing a sticker to cover up or replace our logo we created for the new product line.

Old 12-06-2014, 10:17 PM

POST ID # = 745401

Oh didn't see that one. But wait:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowbeard View Post
We have no intentions of providing a sticker to cover up or replace our logo we created for the new product line. And, creating these stickers and giving them away certainly makes no good economic sense.
But PRODUCING keyboards of the NEW PRODUCT LINE with the old logo is OK??

Quote:
Originally Posted by morris8809 View Post
I'm just going to leave this here.....

News

Official Statement from Corsair: Victory!

michal hipner
by michal hipner
Petition Organizer
Here is the official statement from Corsair that i received at 7:33 pm from CorsairGeorge:

"Hello all,
Last week we pointed out the availability of a Vengeance K70 and Vengeance K70 RGB keyboards with red switches for fans of our Corsair “sails” logo. We have since rolled up our sleeves to see just how many additional “sails” logo versions we can add to our line. The answer is 11 configurations which were based on requests we’ve received. We also added a matching M65 RGB mouse.

• Vengeance K70 RGB - Cherry MX red – US, UK, Nordic (US now, UK/Nordic available late November)
• Vengeance K70 RGB - Cherry MX brown – US, UK (available late November)
• Vengeance K95 RGB - Cherry MX red – US, UK (available late November)
• Vengeance K70 - Cherry MX red – US, UK (available mid October)
• Vengeance K70 - Cherry MX brown – US, UK (available mid October)
• M65 RGB – black (late November)

Both Corsair Gaming and Vengeance branded products are made to the same level of precision and are awesome. We promise."

Thank you Corsair for listening to your loyal customers.
Sorry, but this does not make any sense. If you wouldn't be selling keyboards of the "new product line" with the old logo i could totally buy that "don't want to cover or replace"-argument, but you are doing it already yourself! And regarding the argument about economic sense given by yellowbeard in the post you've quoted from: It is cheaper for Corsair to produce 2 different keyboards, manage the stocking and shipping and doing the paperwork that is comming with that than to produce another sticker that is simply placed in every box, just like the manual is?!?

Old 12-07-2014, 10:48 AM
Sporg's PC Specs

POST ID # = 745462
Sporg Reputation: 10

Hi

Just to offer a dissenting opinion, I actually like the new logo.
And this to the extent, that I am not sure I would have bought this keyboard if it had retained the old logo, which I actually find a little boring.
And, I'm not 14 years old, not even below 40.. ;-)

Just to show, there is also an audience who actually appreciate the change.

If Corsair should do something, maybe they should just remove the "Gaming" letters, then perhaps more people would be happy.

Old 12-07-2014, 01:03 PM
piiman's PC Specs

POST ID # = 745480
piiman Reputation: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Cobalt View Post
As i just got aware of yesterday the new logo is just a sticker. How about offering a sticker with the old logo, made from the same material as the one with the new logo, for those who want the old one? And for those units not already packed up you could simply include it in the boxes. Wouldn't that be easier, and cheaper aswell, than having to care for two separate production lines for essentialy the same product?
It's not just a sticker. Its a sticker only in the sense that it has glue on the back, but its a thicker piece of, I think, plastic or metal with raised lettering and raised logo. To be honest I never even see the logo from where I sit and it wouldn't make a difference if I did. It doesn't in anyway effect the build quality of the hardware. If you really hate it that much I would think some black paint would do nicely.

Old 12-07-2014, 01:10 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 745482
wytnyt wytnyt Reputation: 159
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt

Quote:
Originally Posted by piiman View Post
If you really hate it that much I would think some black paint would do nicely.
actually most everyone enjoys tailoring our builds to our own taste so having a decal made is a very simple mod.,and I agree in that its the hardware that matters most...

Old 12-07-2014, 02:35 PM

POST ID # = 745500
Goat1 Reputation: 12

This outcry about the new logo is stupid! I honestly don't even notice it. I love my razer naga epic, but I hate the logo. Do I care? No! I care about the product. Having said that, If they made a RGB keyboard with the sails logo and it changed colors with the keyboard, now that would rock!

Old 12-07-2014, 02:37 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 745502
wytnyt wytnyt Reputation: 159
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat1 View Post
If they made a RGB keyboard with the sails logo and it changed colors with the keyboard, now that would rock!
your right that would be cool
annnd who knows

Old 12-07-2014, 03:59 PM

POST ID # = 745508

To make this clear, I ,personally, don't "hate" the new logo. I'd clearly prefer the old one but i can live with the new one aswell. I am just trying to give a solution which caters to every taste without excessive work/cost for both sides (Corsair/Customer)!

Old 12-07-2014, 08:16 PM
Dims's PC Specs

POST ID # = 745546
Dims Reputation: 5

It would be nice if the only thing we had to worry about is which logo to go with, but sadly we don't. Corsair RGB keyboard software/firmware still has a long ways to go.

You know the best thing about peripherals market is, we have all kinds of mfg's to choose from. Were not stuck with buying products that don't work like they should out of the box.

Old 12-07-2014, 09:27 PM
Getting Older Guy
007vsMagua's PC Specs

POST ID # = 745552
007vsMagua Reputation: 20
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulfcaen View Post
Hello! I registered just to add my voice to this makeshift petition. Please consider bringing back the old logo! I mean only supporting criticism, I like Corsair.

I don't know what your marketing department is telling you, but I'm pretty sure the average age of your loyal consumers is over 14; I'm 28.

My first Corsair product was a peripheral; a pair of Corsair Vengeance 1500 headphones. If they had used this new logo at that time, I would have avoided them as adamantly as I avoid Razer products.

Ostentatious, flamboyant logos and decals are obnoxious to people that want an elegant and mature ambience to their office or bedroom.

I patronize Corsair and speak well of their products for two reasons: Firstly, all of the Corsair products I have encountered are quality merchandise. Your headphones were cheaper, looked sexier in an understated manner, and performed better than any in their class! Kudos!

Secondly, I patronize you for what I perceive to be your integrity as a company. Not only did you give me, the consumer, a good product at a fair price; but I also sincerely believe you wish to do so. I have an earnest feeling that you desire to create quality products, that you share my passions. I identify with the brand.

A strong part of that identity, as any historian or theologian knows, is the logo. The imagery. How you depict yourselves. Three sails lit in soft white light did it for me. Elegant. Intellectual, understated, artistic. Perhaps you didn't wish to be understated, you thought you deserved more. Your lack of hubris; your professional, neatly trimmed design is what attracted me to you, before I even knew your quality.

The original logo could've been a Barbary Corsair or the Santa Maria; it is a broad and simple, recognizable image. The new Image looks like, and this is only my opinion, and in no way am I attempting to defame you or hurt your company, but it looks like a poorly conceived progressive metal band's logo.

Maybe I'll get over it in time, but it simply won't be the same to me. A great many of your customers likely agree. Hold a poll, do additional focus groups and marketing research, please. Just don't ignore us.

It seems trivial, but your very identity, and thereby your relationship, with your customers is affected by this seemingly small issue of perception.

+1) I could not have said it better.

Old 12-07-2014, 11:45 PM
Lady Fitzgerald's PC Specs

POST ID # = 745570
Lady Fitzgerald Reputation: 40

If one doesn't like the logo on the keyboard, Google an image of the sails log you like, resize it as necessary, then print it onto an adhesive label. Cover the label with a piece of heavy duty clear packing tape and trim it to fit over the unwanted logo, then stick it over the old logo. Problem solved. Heck, you could brand the keyboard with a label of your own design.

Backup, backup, backup! And RAID is NOT a backup!

Closed Thread

Tags
change, gaming, keyboard, logo, rgb