Corsair Community

Please Help.. QL, LL, Commander Pro Problems

Sp503

Is it possible to use both QL and LL fans together? I have x4 LL fans and x3 QL fans.

I have three of each of the fans plugged into a Lighting Node Core at the moment. All the fans light up normally except the sixth fan which is an LL...it only lights up partially.

When in iCue under "Lighting Node Core" I only get one "Lighting Channel" option. That being the case, I have to choose the "QL" option for all six fans. Should the Lighting Node Core provide two "Lighting channels"? Like ports 1-3 would be CH1 and 4-6 would be CH2?

If they aren't compatible together using one Lighting Node Core. Is there any way to use a Lighting Node Pro or Corsair RGB Fan Hub along side the Lighting Node Core?

The other Issue is with the Commander Pro. I have two brand new Commander Pros. The first one doesn't show up at all in iCue. The second Commander Pro is recognized in iCue however, Fan port #3 doesn't seem to work.

Also, as soon as I plug any fans of any type into the Commander Pro all the RGBs on the fans turn off. They don't even light up at boot but they're still displayed as being on in iCue and the fans are spinning but that's it. I'm only trying to run the three QL fans off the Commander Pro. The three LL fans are plugged into the H150i Pro RGB AIO.

On my main system I run x6 LL fans with a Corsair RGB Fan Hub and Commander Pro..Ive never had any problems. I could really use some guidance. Ive tried so many different configurations and nothing works. Thank you

System Specs>

Gigabyte Aorus B450 Pro WiFi (BIOS F50)

AMD Ryzen 5 3600

Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 8x8GB 3200Mhz

Corsair H150i Pro RGB 360mm AIO

Corsair CX650w

MSI RTX 2070

Win 10 Pro 64bit

Corsair iCue v.3.25.60

Commander Pro FW v.0.9.212

Lighting Node Core FW v.0.9.16

The Lighting Node Core only supports a single channel. Not sure where you'd get the idea that it was 2 channels split between the ports.

You mention that you have the channel set as QL - did you specify six fans? Can you confirm? Also, the fan that only lights up partially - does it work if it is in port 5? QL and LL can work on the same channel but configuration is going to be wonky - you'd have to configure the LL fans "as QL fans" and get the count correct. Effects like sequential and the QL specific channel effects will be especially weird.

You can use an LNP + Fan Hub in addition to the LNC. You can, in fact, use a LNP + 2 Fan Hubs and have the QL on one channel and the LL on the second channel and get full, integrated control of them. Note that there are some limitations on the LNP if you have QL fans on the channel. For example, if you have 6 QL fans on one channel of the LNP, you can't have anything on the other channel. But 3 and 3 works just fine. The Commander Pro doesn't have these limitations - you can fill up both channels with 6 QL fans on the CoPro. That may be a better way for you to go.

With the CoPro, just like with the NoPro and the NoCo, you need to configure the channels. The "fans spinning" is showing you that it detects the fans for motor/RPM control. That's separate from the RGB. Or did you mean something different?

Finally ... are you running any other monitoring tools besides iCUE on your system?

The Lighting Node Core only supports a single channel. Not sure where you'd get the idea that it was 2 channels split between the ports.

You mention that you have the channel set as QL - did you specify six fans? Can you confirm? Also, the fan that only lights up partially - does it work if it is in port 5? QL and LL can work on the same channel but configuration is going to be wonky - you'd have to configure the LL fans "as QL fans" and get the count correct. Effects like sequential and the QL specific channel effects will be especially weird.

You can use an LNP + Fan Hub in addition to the LNC. You can, in fact, use a LNP + 2 Fan Hubs and have the QL on one channel and the LL on the second channel and get full, integrated control of them. Note that there are some limitations on the LNP if you have QL fans on the channel. For example, if you have 6 QL fans on one channel of the LNP, you can't have anything on the other channel. But 3 and 3 works just fine. The Commander Pro doesn't have these limitations - you can fill up both channels with 6 QL fans on the CoPro. That may be a better way for you to go.

With the CoPro, just like with the NoPro and the NoCo, you need to configure the channels. The "fans spinning" is showing you that it detects the fans for motor/RPM control. That's separate from the RGB. Or did you mean something different?

Finally ... are you running any other monitoring tools besides iCUE on your system?

Im just making guesses at everything. I did zero research on these parts as I didn’t pick them out for this system. I’m only familiar with the parts in my personal rig.

I got most of it figured out. One of the QL fan’s is bad. As soon as the 4pin gets plugged in it kills the lighting on all fans. I even tried plugging it into the mobo. Still killed the lighting in all 6 fans.

The 6th fan (LL) has 8 burned out RGBs.

The first CoPro has a bad 4pin fan header. All others work fine. Seems like all the USB pass through ports work. The LED lighting headers my not work though. Or it could be the RGB Fan Hub as I tried testing the LL fans with it and it wouldn’t work when plugged into the CoPro

The second Commander Pros still doesn’t get recognized in iCue. I don’t have any monitor software running either. It must be bad as the other one does get recognized with no drama.

What about the little LEDs on these CoPros. Should they be lit up? I can’t remember if mine does on my personal rig but neither of the LEDs on the CoPros for this build light up.

Thanks for the help.