Corsair Community

CORSAIR Obsidian Series 1000D Now Available!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi guys... Re the Pass through cable you are talking about.......

it is LED Channel 1 on the 1000d Commander Pro. 4 strips or RGB Fan LED Hub can be connected... iCUE will allow you to put 6 strips on that channel but i found that because it already has the 22 LEDS from the Front IO in line that you would suffer voltage drop on the last 2 strips (of 6).. so no more than 4....

the below diagram shows this connection....

http://i.imgur.com/2zqD6EHl.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I didnt drill.. yet.. i just ran the cable out of the gap at the back of the rear glass door.

but its not finished yet, i have yet to receive the LED Strip Mounting Profile i am going to put the strips in...

More to come ;)

292_source_1503396908.jpg

Hitting the way-back machine for this reply, but I managed to find a source for diffusers for people in Canada/USA:

http://www.leevalley.com/en/wood/page.aspx?p=71702&cat=1,43349

Looks like the 'opal' diffusers are ideal, and I am thinking I'll pick up the 45 degree channels tomorrow and give them a whirl for my underglow. I may additionally consider the more square diffusers similar to what Zotty showed for an interior "window-frame" style surround light approach later for saturating the case interior with light for certain effects.

• 4 months later...
How is everyone's 1000D build going...?

I am looking at this case for my build.

Looking at putting in the ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula (like two others have here) and an Intel i9-9900.

hey buddy :)

here is mine so far.

http://i.imgur.com/JiF2yqyh.jpg

at the moment its dual loop single system.

more info on progress below

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=180073

• 9 months later...

Dear All,

I would like to buy the corsair 1000d and use the ekwb distro plate at the front :

https://www.ekwb.com/news/a-reflection-of-1000d-super-tower-with-a-super-distro-plate/

So I would have / need to have two radiators at the top of the case .

Can you please tell me if I can only and simply use the tray at the front of the case , put it on top and build to EKWB XE 480 radiators on it ?

Would that be doable ?

thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hello guys I am new of the forum, but I search a lot about this problem before post, but I did found nothing, I have recently purchased a 1000D cases, everythiong is fine and very good and nice assembly, problem are when I turned it on, the leds on front panel are just bright white, no chenge in color at all. From my iCue software I can see the case, can monitor voltage and temp and fans, i also have section for change color of the front panel, but everything I do nothing happened on the leds, or better I see little fluttuation in colours but the bright of white led on the top hide everything. Today when I turned on I see for a few second raimbow colours but again after a while it turns white as always. Same for the sail logo in the bottom. I tried changed the led ports, swithch between 1 and 2, nothing happened, I tried to change SATA port, nothing happened. I have only case connected there so I cant test other strips or led fans for now. Everything else in iCue work well, I have all monitored (Dominator, PSU 1500i, H150i, K95RGB). There is something I should do about it?

Thank you in advance.

Hi buddy.

When you got the case. it should have already had an RGB cable plugged into LED port 1 of the 1000D edition Commander Pro, this cable is routed through the case to the Front sails Logo. from there it heads to the Front IO, there is then a cable hanging in the case that exits the front IO.. this is the LED channel 1 Pass through that appears in icue as Lighting Channel 1.

start tracing the cables from the front sails logo is my advice.

and can you supply a screen capture of the chassis lighting tab for the 1000d Commander Pro in the current profile at the top of the list (its the one icue will auto select after starting)

Hello, thanks for the reply, yes I did it, cable is connected to Led port one and to the sail logo, but also the sail logo is white, not change colour at all, even if in past 2 days when I start computer colour changes from green to red and so dor few seconds and then back to bright white. I see also the hanging cable in the top, but nothings is connected there, I have only the sail logo connected and the fornt panel with USB ports.

Here the screen of iCue panel as you ask.

https://imgur.com/a/btiEq56

Oh that is so bad, maybe you can give me an advice of what I can do for ticket? Meanwhile I had order a Corsair QL140 RGB with Lighting Node, I may test it on the led port of 1000D and see what will happened. I post also an image of the led in my case, as you see are bright light, and when I use iCue for control I can see a little fluttuation in background light but is really almost invisible.

https://imgur.com/fd6Qqrd

Hello there, everything work fine with new QL and LL fans that I bought, but are connected to the Lighting Node so no way to test the commander of 1000D. I also connected the front panel to the RGB cable of the mine Aura Motherboard for test it, the colours change from white to some other kinda static color but there is no way to change it or control, have strange behaviour. Maybe for test the led ports of commander I should buy some led strips? So I will be sure is the commander that don't work propely or the leds in front of case. Any advices?

PS. I also bought NZXT hub but no success.

Edited by Conan12345

Hi friend, I know that, told you before too, but logo and panel stay bright light, when I use iCue I can see a very light change in colour in background, I want test led stripes before open ticket for understand if my problem is in the led panels of the case or in the Commader Pro of the 1000D. I tought is a good idea for testing if it really working.

• 3 months later...

Hi All,

I recently bought a 1000D, and then purchased a Bykski Distro Plate (RGV-COS-1000D), And it looks like if you use this distro that you will not be able to keep the 2x480mm Rad/Fan Layout.

The Distro hasn't arrived yet, but have the following layout pre-distro:

2x 480mm Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 480mm Radiator V.2 - Front mounted with 1 side of be quiet! Silent Wings 3 120mm BL070 on inside

1x Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper 420mm Radiator V.2 - Top mounted with 1 side of be quiet! Silent Wings 3 140mm BL071 on inside

My question is, if the 480mm ran/fan layout will not work in the front, would swopping the Top 420mm Rad/Fan with the front be possible?

I have seen people say that the Corsair website states that the Top & Front Fan trays are interchangeable, however I don't see it there and would like definite confirmation as there no documentation.

And has anyone been able to purchase the 480/420mm Fan trays for International buyers(I am South Africa)?

I am hoping that the Distro will be compatible with the 480mm front Rad/Fan layout, but as an alternate, will, also hopefully, work with the single 420mm Rad/Fan layout.

Cheers, if any advise in meantime for planning. I will update when Distro arrives.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I recently added an ITX secondary machine in my tower, but I can no more close the french door on the the ITX PSU (SF600)

There a 2 inche curved metal part near the bottom gon of the french door that block the course of the door as it jam on the psu fan cover.

As this it a psu that suposed to get there I'm wondering what is the issue.

Was thinking to buff the metal part so it could close...

UPDATE: Buffed 4 little curve so it can close now, note that if you have an ssd or any 2.5" on the lowest slot on that door it will block on the mini psu as well.

caO6laW.jpg

Edited by Wagner6
Update

• 2 weeks later...

Hi i've just finished to mount this fantastic case. But i've an issue using 2x140 fans on the rear.

There is no way to install 2 x 140 fan. They doesn't fit .

The only way is using 2x120 or 1x 140 + 1x 120.

Is that true?

I,m using two noctua fans . I think they are standard dimension 140x140