Corsair Community

iCue not changing fan colours

MeowyDragon

Hello everyone, hoping to get some help as a PC newb :)

I just installed 3 QL 120s and 1 QL 140 in my PC. Everything is connected to a Lighting Node Core that came with the 3 QL 120s. When I open iCue, it detects the Lighting Node Core, but no matter what I do, the fans all stay blue (I assume it's the default colour).

I've googled and tried these solutions but they didn't work.

Some fixes I've tried:

1) Changing the fan order in the Lighting Node Core

2) Force updating the Lighting Node Core firmware

3) Updating iCue

4) Double check that everything is connected properly

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Specs:

-Ryzen 7 3800x

-Asus Rog Strix 570-e gaming

-MSI RTX 2080 Super trio x gaming

-32 gb ram 3200hz(G.Skill ripjaw)

• Like 1

Blue is not the default, so that is a bit odd.

Try testing with the colors from the Instant Lighting drop down menu at the top. Those will override any user settings. Specifically try Red, Green, and White to check LED function. I'll assume blue is just fine.

Make sure you have properly designated your fan type in the Lighting Set-up tab for the Core. Select QL and 4 fans. If all four fans are lit blue, this seems unlikely to be the issue.

Blue is not the default, so that is a bit odd.

Try testing with the colors from the Instant Lighting drop down menu at the top. Those will override any user settings. Specifically try Red, Green, and White to check LED function. I'll assume blue is just fine.

Make sure you have properly designated your fan type in the Lighting Set-up tab for the Core. Select QL and 4 fans. If all four fans are lit blue, this seems unlikely to be the issue.

Hi, thank you for the response!

I'm colourblind so it's probably more of a white/blue than straight up blue.

I've tried using the instant lighting, turning it off and on again, and it's only my mouse and keyboard that get affected. Currently it is set to QL RGB Series and 4 fans, but I've literately tried every single other option and fan number, and the fans haven't changed colours at all.

I've since also tried a clean reinstallation of iCue following Corsair's instructions as well and that didn't work either.

I would contact Corsair Support. It seems like a problem with the Core if changing the fan order brings back the exact same result every time. The replacement Core needs to come from them unless you send the entire QL multipack back to the vendor. A bad fan can cause this too, but the number of fans affected would change as you moved the bad one around.

• 1 month later...