Corsair Community

4000D Airflow Case Fans

bazcb

Hi Guys,

Looking for advice. Im trying to get the best optimal airflow and performance from my 4000D, But with all the options of corsair fans LL, ML, SL etc I cant make my mind up whats best to use.

Im waiting on out 5600x coming and looking to add a 280mm AIO (Not sure what one same reasons lol)

But if i add an AIO whats the best fans to use for the case and AIO? RBG isnt an issue as im not too fussed. Looking for options with and with out RGB.

Thanks

• Corsair Employee

If you want to get the maximum performance out of your radiators you will want to go with the ML series of fans. They have the highest static pressure value of our lineup.

In regards of AIO, if you get yourself one of the elite capellix coolers, they already come with ML fans mounted, so you will not have to swap them out. If you choose to go the RGB route I would advice that you match all the fans in your build as that will make it easier to set up in software (for example, Capellix coolers comes with ML RGB fans, so it would make sense to buy 3-4 extra of those as the control unit on the capellix coolers can handle 6 fans in total)

• 2 weeks later...
If you want to get the maximum performance out of your radiators you will want to go with the ML series of fans. They have the highest static pressure value of our lineup.

In regards of AIO, if you get yourself one of the elite capellix coolers, they already come with ML fans mounted, so you will not have to swap them out. If you choose to go the RGB route I would advice that you match all the fans in your build as that will make it easier to set up in software (for example, Capellix coolers comes with ML RGB fans, so it would make sense to buy 3-4 extra of those as the control unit on the capellix coolers can handle 6 fans in total)

I thought the Capellix uses ML RGB "Elite" fans that have more RGB leds than the standard ML RGB fans. Am I correct?

I thought the Capellix uses ML RGB "Elite" fans that have more RGB leds than the standard ML RGB fans. Am I correct?

Yeah. I have the case and the 360mm Capellix CLC but, the 'Elite' fans are not available separately (at least not yet). The closest non-maglev are the PWM fans that come in the icue 4000x - that aren't available separately yet either.

The recent firmware update on the commander core allows different fan types to be mixed, or so I've heard. I'd rather not mix them tho...

Edited by Anders8