Corsair Community

TX750M, Loudest Component in my System

abarth_1200

Hello, so I wouldnt be here if I didnt have a problem.

I recently upgrading to an Asrock Extreme 6 Z77 and Intel i5 3570K, carrying over the PSU, HDD's, SDD and graphcis card, which I have now actually sold on and waiting on a new one.

One of my main concerns with the new system was to get it quiet, I have top end fans, Noctua, coolermaster and thermalright and they are all running below 700rpm, only have 4 running plus PSU when system is idle.

I didnt actually consider the psu being the noisy culprit until just today when I opened the case up and started stopping the fans with my finger one by one, still noisy as I couldnt reach the psu fan I got a long screwdriver and touched the side of the psu and held it to my ear like a stethscope, grrrrrrr was the noise I got from the psu, tried everything else and all I got was whooo noises, smooth silent fans spinning, and the odd random click from my old WD velociraptor (used for storing games so not in use).

I got a cotton bud and slowly poked it in the grill of the psu to slwo it down until it stopped and it felt like it must have been going full whack so im concerned why it is going this fast if my system is idle and cool, room temp is 20 degrees celcius, processor hardly hits 30 degrees in idle same with HDD and SSD.

PSU is mounted with fan in upright position and blowing air the back of the case in an Antec300, 2 120mm fans intake at front 1 120mm intake at side above psu and two exhaust fans at top and rear so I have a positive air pressure inside case.

What can be done with this noisy fan, is there a problem with it? I have opened old PSU and swapped fans out before but there is no way im voiding the warranty on this.

I have the TX750M its very noisy unless you have a very well ventilated case. I swapped it into my other PC as the Corsair HX750M blew up recently & despite it being a lesser spec PC & less load its very loud due to the CPU heatsink placement.

OK, Im more concerned with why its running full speed as my computer is apparently over powered with this PSU so I would imagine it hardly breaks a sweat.

I have started an RMA but it looks like I will be without my computer for a while then, hopefully you guys can work it.

Archived