Corsair Community

ICUE Actions Not Saving

Sirius909

Hi all. I have a corsair nightsword rgb mouse. I'm trying to set up my keys 6 thru = to buttons on my mouse. However, when i set the actions say, Profile Up to key 6 on my keyboard, and then I go into the game, nothing happens when I press that Profile Up button on my mouse. What am I doing wrong?

Make sure you are working in the "Actions" tab on the top left and not the "hardware actions" a few rungs down. Those are for saving to device memory when the software is not in use. Also, whichever profile you create these in will need to be the active profile when the game is running. If both of those check out, can you post a screen shot of your Actions menu?

I was able to get this to work on my Nightsword, so that leaves two possibilities.

1) Run a quick repair install of CUE from the Windows Settings -> Apps list. Find CUE and select Modify. This is a quick in place re-install that often cleans up glitches. It does not alter settings or profiles.

2) The game somehow is in between the mouse and software actions. In my experience its the opposite, but each game is unique. You can demonstrate this if the mouse buttons spit out the numbers and symbols in this text field, but in game are not responding.

A system restart should not reset any of your actions. The "Default" profile is just a name and nothing more. It can be renamed or deleted and it doesn't change functionality. The actual default profile is whichever one you drag to the top of the list, except profiles linked to specific programs and hardware profiles (HW_xxx) can not be the default and will be skipped over.

Not really sure what happened with your set-up. There have been several macro/action based anomalies the last few versions. This seems more like a local glitch repaired on the reinstall.

It shouldn't be doing that. I've seen duplicated actions in this version, but not erased. I have a few bound to my Nightsword that are used daily, so this would be problem for me too.

Go to CUE settings and enable the "Debug logging" feature. Someone may want that later. I'll flag this for review.

The next time it forgets the Actions, go to the Setting panel and export your logs. You might also start a support ticket with Corsair now. The link is in the header at the top of this page.

Another user suggested trying to differentiate between the loss of actions on quitting the App vs a full system restart. Go to the task bar carrot < and right click on the CUE icon to quit. Wait a few seconds and restart. Actions still there on the mouse? I am not sure how could get yourself into a situation where you have admin rights to run the installer/repair, but somehow prevented from accessing the necessary files sources at the critical moment, but it's possible.

• 3 weeks later...
I was able to get this to work on my Nightsword, so that leaves two possibilities.

1) Run a quick repair install of CUE from the Windows Settings -> Apps list. Find CUE and select Modify. This is a quick in place re-install that often cleans up glitches. It does not alter settings or profiles.

2) The game somehow is in between the mouse and software actions. In my experience its the opposite, but each game is unique. You can demonstrate this if the mouse buttons spit out the numbers and symbols in this text field, but in game are not responding.

I just logged in to say ty :D::D:

Your suggestion was the solution to my problem. My keyboard (K68) was not switching profiles on the fly and when opening surtain preconfigured profiles for programs.