Corsair Community

LS100 Expansion kit Y-Cable

wim-bart

I have a large expansion kit for my dual screen setup. Within the kit is an Y-Cable which can be connected to the two outputs of the controller. But for what do I use this cable?

I see two scenarios.

1. Connect the cable to the two outputs of the LS100 controller to the first strip of the chain.

2. Connect it to the controller and the second connector to the last strip of the chain, making a big circle.

What is it used for and how to use it?

• 4 weeks later...
Hi, did you figure this out? I've tried plugging it in every way I can and the extensions won't light up so I'm just staring at it blankly now.

Cheers!

B

I have figured it out, as no one at Corsair could help me out, even if it delivered by corsair in the package.

The Y-Cable has 2 cables, one is connected to the start of the chain, and the second one, with just 2 wires in it has to be connected to the end of the chain. It has to help the whole chain out to have enough power. Without it might work, but i found out it does not work very well without it.

So connect the Y-Cable to the little controller, then hookup the full wired connector to beginning of the chain and the 2-wired connector to the end of the chain.