Corsair Community

H115i RGB Platinum - RGB plug

NEEK

Hello, recently I purchased a H115i RGB Platinum and I'm a little confused by one aspect of the installation. I have no idea where the RGB cables for the pump are meant to go. The connectors don't line up with my hub, so I'm a bit confused. My motherboard is a Z390 Aorus Master.

C3McJ2o.jpg

Edited by NEEK

They are for the RGB connectors on the fans that come with the Platinum coolers.

So do I not need them if I have already have the RGB hub? They're coming from the pump, and I have no idea where the connectors are meant to connect to.

If you already have other Corsair ML-RGB fans in your system and are running them from a RGB Lighting Hub + LNP or Commander Pro, then you can leave them there. That will integrate them into the lighting patterns with other fans.

The Platinum has the capacity to be a stand-alone lighting device for people that do not have any other Corsair RGB gear. Those two connectors go the Platinum's own internal lighting controller.

You connect them to the fans that came with the H115i. That way you not need to connect them to you Hub, especially if your other fans are not ML units. When you look in iCue then you can set what lighting you want for the pump head and fans as you wish.