Corsair Community

Alternative to Commander pro

WorstOne

Hi guys, its been a while since i built my first rig and there are no such thing as rgb fans before..

So here's the setup:

Cpu cooler: H100i RGB PLATINUM SE

Fans: QL 120 [6 pcs]

LED hub: 1x Lightning node core..

Question: The LL 120 fans on the cpu cooler, i need to connect them to the available led/pwm cables in the platinum se cooler right?

Question: Are there any alternatives for the commander pro for the pwm fan headers of my 6x QL 120 fans? (i dont plan on using strips)

Question: If ever I change the cpu cooler to the iCUE H150i RGB PRO XT Liquid CPU Cooler, and change those ugly fans to QL 120, Will the h150i liquid cooler be able to control the QL 120 fan speeds? do i need to buy another lightning node core to control the LED part?

Thanks guys

Q1: Yes

Q2: Any fan hub that has SATA power connection will allow you to control all 6 fans RPM via BIOS. But honestly I don't see the point in building a Corsair-based cooling system and not to pick up a Commander Pro (except for money reasons, of course). CoPro is really the heart of Corsair ecosystem and controlling everything within Windows is something so confortable to be worth the money to me.

Q3: Nobody has seen a H150i RGB PRO XT so far (Corsair announced it months ago but it has never been avaliable for users), but I can't think of a reason why you shouldn't. Other thing is if the QL fan has the characteristics to be suitable for radiators cooling, but I don't own them and can't replay (but I suspect they are ok).

Baio

Question: If ever I change the cpu cooler to the iCUE H150i RGB PRO XT Liquid CPU Cooler, and change those ugly fans to QL 120, Will the h150i liquid cooler be able to control the QL 120 fan speeds? do i need to buy another lightning node core to control the LED part?

Thanks guys

yes.. you can.. and would be fine.. i have done this...

http://i.imgur.com/fDspRzCl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/tluBegcl.jpg

The H150 XT will have the same PWM fan controller as the H100/115 XT models. We believe it is the same as in the Platinum, but either way it will control the QL PWM fans speeds. It will not be able control the lighting like the Platinum series.

The QL should respond to any PWM controller, whether it is from your motherboard or something else. It's hard to make blanket statements about every device in existence and PWM incompatibilities do exist, but I can't recall any threads over the years where someone came back and said their PWM controller could not manage a Corsair fan.