Corsair Community

6 HD120 Fans, only the first works

haim6130

Hi,

I have 6 HD120 Fans and only the one connected to port 1 of the LED hub works.

All of them work properly, untill I got a Commander Pro. Now I disconnected the Commander Pro and uninstall CL4, but the problem persist.

I bought ANOTHER LED hub because I thought it was defective, but the problem persist even with a new LED hub!

The fans are good because every time I connect one of them to port 1, it works great.

What could be the problem?

Thanks.

Hi,

I'm attaching 2 photos of 2 secnarios I'm trying, one with the CP and one without.

In the 2 scenarios. only the first fan is light up. The problem isn't in the fans, because when I connect any fan to the 1st port on the LED hub, it works perfectly.

1. Only the fans with the LED hub, without the CP:

Pk99VGw.png

2. The fans with the CP:

TEBAgH6.png

Do you have the same fault on both the button controller and in link?...

if so,,, cancels out software/commander

you could have a faulty fan.. they are like a chain so if one isn't passing the data to the next one then none after the faulty one will work correctly even if the faulty one is displaying correctly.....

I've tried to disconnect all the fans from the LED hub and connect them seperatly, in order to find the fauly fan, but every fan works perfectly when connectes to port 1 of the LED hub. there is no faulty fan.

You think problem is the rgb controller??

I thought it was a defectice LED hub, but I bought another and the same problem persists.

I think you misunderstand.... even if faulty the fan it is self can still work,,, you need to do all that again but also add fans into port 2 at same time.. see if data gets passed on.. if so...... add fan into port 3.. so on and so forth until you hit port 6 and all is good or you hit the bad fan..

Would seem its not the commander as you have same issue on button controller.. would seem its not the hub as you have the same problem across 2 hubs.... only leaves fans really

I think you missunderstand.... even if faulty the fan it is self can still work,,, you need to do all that again but also add fans into port 2 at same time.. see if data gets passed on.....

Okay, can I do this when the PC is on? so I could check live which fan works?

Or I should turn off the PC, than switch fans connections, and than turn the PC back on?

Okay, can I do this when the PC is on? so I could check live which fan works?

Or I should turn off the PC, than switch fans connections, and than turn the PC back on?

Generally (and I think officially?) hot swapping isn't recommended.. I have done it many times my self and never had issues but it does seem others have.....

I think you misunderstand.... even if faulty the fan it is self can still work,,, you need to do all that again but also add fans into port 2 at same time.. see if data gets passed on.. if so...... add fan into port 3.. so on and so forth until you hit port 6 and all is good or you hit the bad fan..

Would seem its not the commander as you have same issue on button controller.. would seem its not the hub as you have the same problem across 2 hubs.... only leaves fans really

Okay im trying and report back to you again. my fans sometime auto lights on after i reboot. its not just always. sometimes only idk .

Corsair 780T

Ok. was just checking it wasn't a 460/570x and the supplied SP button controller wasn't still in play.... common mistake,, HD and SP have their own button controllers. identical to each other aside from the small text on the bottom of them.... Prob not the case (excuse the pun) here

my fans sometime auto lights on after i reboot. its not just always. sometimes only idk .

you mean all the fans light up?.. on both hubs?... strange..

have you tried a different sata power connection? and direct to PSU. not using any sata splitters or molex to sata converters?

you mean all the fans light up?.. on both hubs?... strange..

have you tried a different sata power connection? and direct to PSU. not using any sata splitters or molex to sata converters?

i use direct power from psu. from the rgb hub only port1 fan light up as usual. rest no. if i plug other fan on port 1 again it light up normal . it seems like only port 1 working.

i use direct power from psu. from the rgb hub only port1 fan light up as usual. rest no. if i plug other fan on port 1 again it light up normal . it seems like only port 1 working.

Go back to page one of this thread buddy.. you may have missed some info..

Go back to page one of this thread buddy.. you may have missed some info..

what i've missed bro? i did all whatever you guys gave the solution. it really didnt work. Still the fans works only on port 1 only. i have something else to say if i put my pc to sleep mode and wake up after that rest 2 fans gets lights too but unable to control the lights from cp.

Archived