Corsair Community

Windows 10 with Old Link Commander

Amirantha

Hello Everyone,

I have seen multiple threads with multiple answers on this topic and I am looking to get some clarity on where to start.

I wiped my system and did a fresh Windows 10 Pro x64 install. I installed the Corsair Link software (3.2.5676). Link is detecting all of my devices without issues, but not my commander and/or Lighting Node or my AX1200i PSU. I have an older Link commander/Lighting Node (not the new Mini)

The install did stop the constant "USB Disconnect" sound that was occurring, but I would like it to be fully functional if possible. If I stop/exit the software, the constant "USB Disconnect" sound continues forever.

Attached my device manager and Devices and Printers screen as well as a DXDiag.

Thanks!

Amir

devices.PNG.5487f829f861afb49262f86475532073.PNG

DxDiag.txt

Yay for cookie cutter responses:

"If your Commander unit is within warranty (1 year from date of purchase), we can replace it with our latest Commander Mini. Please attach a copy of your original purchase invoice in the Attachment section below for warranty verification. Thank you."

I didn't realize that "Legacy" meant products that are only a year old. I purchased this in January of last year and the Mini was not available then. So now, they want me to spend another $60 to replace a new part. Ill pass. GG Corsair.....GG....

Also, when the site updated, it deleted my invoices from last year. Another GG.

I've the same situation, and I've re-read the warranty terms http://www.corsair.com/en-us/support/warranty.

And the OBSOLETE paragraph is applicable for these "old" Link Commander.

Can somebody explain me what is happened?

Do you have choice to make the hardware "obsolete"? :roll:

And why you Corsair don't respect your warranty terms? ::pirate::

My ticket is closed (denied) without answer! Someone (a tech guy? true?) have suggest me to install the 2.75361 version (don't run on "my" win10 system, strange! :confused:)

I don't believe in this Corsair support answer. Really! :eek:

Lic

I am having the same problem. Their web site says

After installing and launching v3.2.5676 in a system that has the older Corsair Link Commander unit, if the Commander unit is missing from C-Link software, you can follow the instructions listed below to fix this problem:

Exit C-link software from the C-Link ICON on system tray.

Open Windows device manager and find the problematic “Corsair Hydro Series 7289 USB Device” on the USB device list.

Right click and select Update Driver Software.

Select Browse My Computer for Device Software Manually and hit Next.

Select Let Me Pick from list of device drivers on My computer and hit Next.

Select USB Input Device and hit Next. After that, Windows will successfully update driver back to correct one.

Restart C-Link software and Commander unit should appear back into C-Link software.

But there tech guys say

Created By: Henry TS (8/12/2015 3:16 PM)

Hello Craig,

The instructions below does not work. The last version that officially supports our legacy Commander is 2.7.5361 and that is not supported in windows 10. There is no workaround

So is the tech guy lying or is the web site lying. Either way if you have a old link commander you are stuffed.

Same problems here, I notice the was a new version released yesterday. Does anyone know if it fixes the issue? I will be trying it (much) later and will report back if nobody else has already.

It's not like we can just roll back to an older version because windows 10 blocks it.

I have tried the work around but the device (without the CL software running) constantly disconnects and reconnects and switching drivers has no effect.

• CL 3.2.5695 does not report my old Commander.
  • SIV does on all of W2K to W10.
  • In SIV < 30 extra lines of C code are needed to support the old Commander in addition to the CL Mini.
  • I am at a loss as to why Corsair don't just fix CL.
  • All I can assume is that Corsair want to sell more CL Minis.

CL 3.2.5695 does not report my old Commander. SIV does on all of W2K to W10.

So they are trying to force us to upgrade!? I might.. I'm sure I can find my products from another manufacturer in the future. :mad:

Even Apple will eventually realise that forced obsolescence is no way to keep customers!

:D:

See there was no issue going to win 10 which is quickly becoming known to forcing users in virtually every aspect of the windows environment...

sign up for the app store ,watch it change the pw on your computer to that of the app store pw...

I will believe it when I see it. I suffered through innumerable problems with the original commander before giving up on it (an eating the cost in the process). It's worth noting that the original commander was replaced by the mini for a reason. Do we need to remind Corsair that we've been funding their R&D only to be rewarded with this crap?

Jeez.

Is it possible to get a hint on when this new realese is coming out?

I have the old version Commander and have just upgraded to Windows 10 Pro x64. And I get the USB-connect-disconnect issue/sound when installing Link v3.2.5695.

As I read the forum, there is no fix, or solution for this, as there is no support for the hardware, and there for the only thing that would Work, is either buying a new Commander, or the software being upgraded to support the old hardware.

Archived